iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

"Cabin Fever chilly chili dinner" get together 2017

Started by yukon cornelius, January 09, 2017, 09:33:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drobertson

Mercy sakes, there was a feast to be had! All good as usual! Best part, was the friendships, hands down,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Sixacresand

Nancy and I are planning to attend.  Visiting Missouri is on my bucket list.
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

yukon cornelius

Quote from: Sixacresand on January 14, 2017, 08:07:42 PM
Nancy and I are planning to attend.  Visiting Missouri is on my bucket list.

Very good! I am really excited to have a so many coming already!
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

Bark Beetle

I'll be there and I am really looking forward to visiting with all who will be there. :)
You don't work wood, you work with wood.

coxy

Quote from: Bark Beetle on January 28, 2017, 01:35:26 PM
I'll be there and I am really looking forward to visiting with all who will be there. :)
how long do you think it will take you to get there BB ;) :D :D

Bark Beetle

You don't work wood, you work with wood.

LeeB

I'm scheduled to be home then. Have to see how it goes though. Daughter is getting married on the 3rd in Austin. I'm sure Lindy will be wiped out from that. I have a ton of things needs doing but I might be able to pull a day off.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Just Me

I used to stay at the little motel in Wheatland when we raced there, nice guy, and old carpenter and the rooms were clean, reasonable. I'm swamped in the shop but I will be going on a Southern drive when I clear the books, may be about that time. I'll keep it in mind.

PS: I absolutely love the area you live in. Almost went to work for Lucas a few years ago, we would have been neighbors.

yukon cornelius

It is less than a month away now. This is going to be a lot of fun. There are several hotels around Warsaw if anyone needs to stay over. The community building where we are having this overlooks Drake Harbor and lake of the Ozark. There is a nice park for kids to play and we have the whole gymnasium for them if the weather is nasty.

trapper

stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

gww

Yukon
Good on you for creating a community atmosphere.  I am not commiting to comeing at this time but am making a post to this thread so that it will come up when I hit the repys to your post tab when I come to this site in a hurry.

I would love to meet all that are coming now but am not sure what I will do yet.

Still it is a neat thing.
Cheers
gww

kettlekorn

Yukon,  Would like to make the event.  Might do just that.  Will rsvp later if we can make it.  I recently bought an CNC machine (haven't even got the software loaded yet) and looking forward to picking the minds of those that have such a critter.  I know from your posts you have some experience with one.  Will post before we come if we can make it.
EZ Boardwalk Jr , Kubota L3800,  250 acre farm

BBTom

I am planning on attending, don't know if Sheryl will be off work that day, so count on 1 or two more.  I will certainly bring something edible for the table.  Where do I find directions?
2001 LT40HDD42RA with lubemizer, debarker, laser, accuset. Retired, but building a new shop and home in Missouri.

TKehl

Quote from: kettlekorn on February 20, 2017, 08:42:49 AM
I recently bought an CNC machine (haven't even got the software loaded yet) and looking forward to picking the minds of those that have such a critter. 

I'm happy to share the little I know if you make it to the CFCCD.  There are many others with much more experience.

How 'bout you start a thread about your CNC so I don't accidently hijack this thread asking lots of details about models, software, and what you have planned.   ;D
In the long run, you make your own luck – good, bad, or indifferent. Loretta Lynn

kettlekorn

I purchased the Digital Wood Carver's "mini carver" unit that was on display at the wood working show in Collinsville a couple of weekends ago.  I really don't even know enough to even ask intelligent questions yet.  Looking forward to learning though.

yukon cornelius

Glad to hear we have a few more coming. This will be held at the Warsaw community building. The address is 818 West Harrison st. Warsaw, MO 65355.

I can add what little I know about our CNC but Bark beetle is the one who knows ours best. I look forward to sharing about it.

petefrom bearswamp

Sound like a good time, however just checked my phone and it is 1,105 miles from here.
Enjoy the company and the chili too everyone
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

kettlekorn

It's close enough to the date of the gathering that I think I can commit (barring an unforeseen  event) to attendance.  Add just one to the list.  I'm looking forward to meeting some of the folks that I communicate with on the forum.  See you there.  My wife says I'll be bringing some sort of strawberry salad. 
p.s.  I will also try to pop up a couple big bags of kettlecorn for the event.
Thanks for all of your effort in organizing the event.

Dwight Stack (Kettlekorn)

yukon cornelius

TKehl

Da dum           da dum            da dum   
Da dum     da dum    da dum
Da dum da dum da dum da da duuuuuum

... just when you thought it would be safe to go near the water (of Truman lake)...

CABIN FEVER CHILLY CHILI DINNER!!!!

Looking forward to it!   ;D
In the long run, you make your own luck – good, bad, or indifferent. Loretta Lynn

yukon cornelius

That is funny! The first time I read that I thought it was the pink panther song.

yukon cornelius

Saturday I got a large heavy box in the mail. It didn't take long to figure out who it was from. A member with some amazing talent sent us a large amount of his work for door prizes. We also have another box of goodies from another member. Last year we had enough door prizes from everyone that everyone got a prize.

See you all soon!

coxy

just want to thank all the FF members that donated door prizes  8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

TKehl

I give up... tell me.

How did you schedule the one chilly day of the month for the chili dinner?   :D

trapper

What is the weather forecast for friday and saturday there?
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

Thank You Sponsors!