iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

"Cabin Fever chilly chili dinner" get together 2017

Started by yukon cornelius, January 09, 2017, 09:33:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TKehl

In the long run, you make your own luck – good, bad, or indifferent. Loretta Lynn

kettlekorn

I saw the address of the community hall.  I will be coming from the South.  Is the location pretty easy to get to.  I suppose I can ask directions once I get to Warsaw.  I believe that I am the only person in the entire world that doesn't have a cell phone so no GPS or the like.  Still planning on making it.  Having a bout with gout in the elbow but just got home from Doctor and getting a couple of shots in the a-- , so hopefully will be good to go.  Look forward to bending "Bark Beatle's" ear concerning the ins and outs of CNC application.  See ya

Kettlekorn
EZ Boardwalk Jr , Kubota L3800,  250 acre farm

BBTom

looks to me like:
I-65 to hwy 7 turn left
Take hwy 7 to Main St. turn left
Main St. to Polk St. turn right
Polk St. to W Harrison St. turn right
Harrison st to the dead end, where the Community building is located.

Corrections are encouraged.
2001 LT40HDD42RA with lubemizer, debarker, laser, accuset. Retired, but building a new shop and home in Missouri.

TKehl

The location appears mislabeled on Google Maps.  You want to go to what it labels the either the "City Office" or if you zoom further the "Warsaw Parks and Rec" building.  417 Harrision.  Between Benton and Van Buren streets.  Right on the waterfront.

Quote from: BBTom on March 08, 2017, 01:16:23 PM
looks to me like:
I-65 to hwy 7 turn left
Take hwy 7 to Main St. turn left
Main St. to Van Buren and turn right. 
You are now facing the front door of the Commvnity Bvilding (Community Building :D)

Polk St. turn right
Polk St. to W Harrison St. turn right
Harrison st to the dead end, where the Community building is located.

Corrections are encouraged.

Going the other way looks to put you in a trailer park behind Casey's.   ::)
In the long run, you make your own luck – good, bad, or indifferent. Loretta Lynn

TKehl

I submitted an error report to G maps.  Already got an email saying they've updated the change. 

Glad I looked it up.  Was pretty sure I knew where I was going without a map, but thought I would double check.

The old saying, "my car knows how to get there" implying you know how to get somewhere but can't give directions used to be kind of funny.  Say it now and people just nod and and think, "ah GPS".

kettlekorn

Thanks for the info.  I don't remember Warsaw being a major metropolitan area so I'll find it alright I'm sure.  Prediction I saw recently was 1-3 inches of snow.  Perfect for a chili dinner.

TKehl

If you find the square and yell, we'll probably hear you.   :D

I will say I've been humbled by smaller towns thinking, "I don't need to look this up, how hard can it be to find _____."

Fun fact according to Wikipedia.  Warsaw has recorded both the highest and lowest record temperatures in Missouri.  118°F in 1954 and -40°F in 1905.   :o

kettlekorn

Wow that is interesting.  At least you didn't report that both temperatures were in the same week of the same year.(Missouri weather- you gotta love it).  By the way I believe the -40 degrees Fahrenheit is also -40 degrees Celsius. 

yukon cornelius

thanks for passing on the directions on. It is not hard to find. It is one street west of the square.

Another route is, If you come up 65 from the south, the first Warsaw  exit is Main street. You can exit there, turn left, and follow it all the way until you reach the square. At the second stop sign, turn left and go one block. You will be at the front door of the community building. The weather is going to be perfect for chili. I can't believe it is going to snow. It has barely snowed a dusting the last 2 years. Go figure...

It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

yukon cornelius

If anyone needs my phone number, send me a pm and I will get it to you.

TKehl

Quote from: yukon cornelius on March 08, 2017, 11:30:51 PM
The weather is going to be perfect for chili.

I know!  Warsaw weather is weird even by Missouri standards.  We've had an unusually warm winter followed by ONE chilly weekend...for the chili dinner...   Which leads me to the ONLY logical conclusion.  I'm thinking there is a weather control machine around Wheatland somewhere.  :D

yukon cornelius

Be careful traveling today! We will be there about 11 to open up. See you soon!

yukon cornelius

It's just about dinner time. Anyone else on the way?

plowboyswr

Thanks Yukon  we had a good time. Good food and  lots of conversation. Here's a few pictures. 

Truman on left, not sure who that is with his back to the camera, Ozarkgem, and Yukon

Trapper, Sawwood, and Gunhandle

Everyone eating  food3 digin1 digin_2

The kids having fun.

Gunhandle and the ladies

Yukon  and his lovely assistants  8)

Ozarkgem  and his donated and won items. Who knew that he was a popcorn hoarder!  :D :D :D
Just an ole farm boy takin one day at a time.
Steve

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

yukon cornelius

Only a few flurries. It was a great time! I want to say thank you again for all who attended. There was no shortage of food. There was also a great amount of amazing door prizes I will get some pictures on when I can get to the computer.

I am very thankful to be a little part of this great community.

Magicman

Sadly we could not attend this year, but as usual it looks like a good time was shared by all. 

Thank You Yukon and Family for being gracious hosts and very good Forestry Forum Friends to all.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

ozarkgem

I munched on kettle corn all the way home. Grandkids are coming up today and they
like kettle corn also. It was a good time.
Mighty Mite Band Mill, Case Backhoe, 763 Bobcat, Ford 3400 w/FEL , 1962 Ford 4000, Int dump truck, Clark forklift, lots of trailers. Stihl 046 Magnum, 029 Stihl. complete machine shop to keep everything going.

gww

kettlekorn

Had a great time putting faces with handles from the FF.  Great conversations about just about everything.  Ozark, don't founder yourself on that kettlecorn.  Enjoy.

Kettlekorn

plowboyswr

Found another picture I forgot to post.

All the door prizes that were donated. And the cookie that everyone signed. Yukon, you need to tell about the distance award ;)  And thanks to Gunhandle  for all the little animals and tops that he made I know my kids played with theirs most of the way home.
Just an ole farm boy takin one day at a time.
Steve

yukon cornelius

Thank you plowboy for those pictures  8)

yukon cornelius

yukon cornelius

gww

I got mixed up and should have said in my earlier post, plowboyswr, thanks for the pictures.  Now it is ok and I can also say yukon, thanks for the pictures.

Great job all and looked like it was fun.
gww

Thank You Sponsors!