iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Firewood Forever

Started by Magicman, January 09, 2017, 08:21:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

A hard blow last week took care of this already weakened Red Oak in my next door neighbor's yard.  He does not burn wood, so I got a call.  I can see it from my back window.   :)

That will be enough firewood for 2-3 years.   :o

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

jdonovan

Turns out some 'free logs' are actually a good deal after all.  :D

jargo432

I've got a neighbor down the road clearing some land with a bulldozer.  He's got lots of trees piled up for burning.  I need to go talk to him.
Jack of all trades.

Gearbox

MM nice wood that tree would last me almost a month or less . You may need help . want me to hook up the BT 6870 to come  help ?
A bunch of chainsaws a BT6870 processer , TC 5 International track skidder and not near enough time

Magicman

This is Water Oak which is our lower quality Red Oak.  Since this is much more than I could burn in years, I will call a couple of friends and we will share.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

lopet

Obviously you're not a wood burner. ;D But good deal  8)
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

Magicman

I am sure that compared to your wood usage I am not.

Our temperature changes can be quite dramatic due to the influence of the warm air off of the Gulf of Mexico.  We had several days of below freezing last weekend but our daytime forecast for the next week+ is in the 70°'s.  It is 60° right now, so no wood is being burned.   ;D

blackfoot griz

MM...I saw your snowman, but you had "several days below freezing"?

I can't recall when it got up above freezing here! No mosquitos though!

Andries

When the weather looks like this:

My wood stove looks like this:

Hope that my firewood lasts forever!
The latest project - a birthday gift for my oldest daughter:
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

thecfarm

Looks good. I like the support for the legs. Looks like it curves?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Bruno of NH

Nice woodworking project 8)
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Andries

Quote from: thecfarm on January 12, 2017, 12:23:15 PM
Looks good. I like the support for the legs. Looks like it curves?
Yup.
The stretcher piece is curved and the legs slant out by 10 degrees.
Good eye!
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

Andries

Some of my woodworking projects are found in the firewood pile.   ;D
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

Jemclimber

Nice bench Andries, I'm sure it will put a smile on your daughters face.
lt15

Brandon1986

Quote from: jargo432 on January 10, 2017, 07:45:27 AM
I've got a neighbor down the road clearing some land with a bulldozer.  He's got lots of trees piled up for burning.  I need to go talk to him.

Are you sure you want that mess... I've seen some dozer burns and they are ugly dirty rascals.. prepare to buy a couple saw chains..
:-X :-X :-X

Thank You Sponsors!