iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Moving logs

Started by Randy88, January 08, 2017, 10:52:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed_K

Happy Birthday Alex hope you have a real great day  8) .
Ed K

Ohio_Bill

Ok guys please don't pick on the red neck forwarder. We have made and destroyed a few of these over the years. Made from the back half of a truck frame. It puts weight on the back of the tractor for extra traction. 

Bill
USAF Veteran  C141 Loadmaster
LT 40 HDD42-RA   , Allis Chalmers I 500 Forklift , Allis Chalmers 840 Loader , International 4300 , Zetor 6245 Tractor – Loader ,Bob Cat 763 , Riehl Steel Edger

coxy

I like that  nice job   does it have air or hydro brakes  :D :D

Ron Scott

Yes, landowner's are very touchy about their farm fields being torn up or any slash left on them.We always use a rubber tired forwarder to move the wood to a landing/decking area by working along the extreme edge of the farm fields in such situations. Chains or eco tracs may be needed on excessive ice or snow situations.
~Ron

Randy88

Yes happy birthday Alex.   

Ed thanks for the reply on how tall your uprights are.   

Ohio Bill, nice looking rig.   

Everyone else, thanks for the input you've given.   

AlexHart

Hey thanks guys. 

I was thinking of the OP today as the little road leading into our log landing has ice/packed snow issues.   My father helped us out by bringing my log truck up to get a load of logs out of there just as it was getting dark and on the way out the front end didn't quite make the turn and slid down into the woods with a big load of oak logs on it.   I just about panicked because up where I was it sounded like the Titanic hit an iceberg. 

Birthday magic was at work though as not only somehow he missed all the trees and rocks with the truck but we managed to pull him back out for a 2nd try with the 518C.... barely...   but barely is good enough. 

Hopefully your moving logs across the ice goes a little smoother.   That was a near catastrophe.   

Randy88

Glad to hear nobody got hurt and nothing much was damaged to badly, never underestimate "luck".

kensfarm

Glad your dad was not hurt.. experience makes luck on it's own. 

Thank You Sponsors!