iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Clark 664B transmission filter

Started by KamHillbilly, January 03, 2017, 01:34:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KamHillbilly

I just brought home the 664 I purchased was going through it changing fluids and filters , goy to where transmission canister filter used to be to find out it was taken out and bypassed . Now since the original cartridge canister is gone I may as well convert to spin on base any one have part #'s or suggestions of flow rates needed?

Thanks
Bill
Homemade Bandmill ,Clark 664b ,Case 780b ,Jonsered 670,630

rockwall

Sorry no one has replied. I don't know if there is a spin on replacement I have only seen the canister type. I will look around though and hopefully someone else will chime in soon.

cutbank

Ive changed mine on the C model over to a spin on a few years ago ,I will have to go and look at machine to get filter number

KamHillbilly

air1514

I just put a hydraulic fluid filter base on mine.   I didn't use a spin on filter tho.  ive had them blow apart when used in hydraulic return line before.  So I used a large cartridge filter that was about the same size as the original trans filter

air1514

I'm sure the hydraulic filter isn't as good as a trans filter but something has got to be better than no filter at all

Spartan

My Powershift uses just an open flow canister type filter for hydraulics.  No problems.
You could probably find just a inline filter housing that holds one of those to plumb in.

treeslayer2003

any one herd from oldseabee? he would know this stuff off top his head. hope he is ok.

KamHillbilly

I've emailed a few equipment dismantelers looking for original canister fingers crossed

treeslayer2003

oh, in response to pressure concern, the trans is regulated to around 280psi. i doubt it blow any filter.

KamHillbilly

Cutbank have you had a chance to get filter # a picture would be appreciated
Thanks

KamHillbilly

Cutbank any luck on picture or filter # I haven't heard back from any equipment salvage places yet

Thanks

cutbank

I looked at my skidder and it has a hf 6611 spin on filter. the filter housing is 1 inch input npt thread and 1 inch npt thread on output. hope this helps.

treeslayer2003

just to add, check your fittings to make sure they are compatible. you may have to change them. i had leak at the filter and figured out the filter housing was o ring boss while some one had installed npt. it fit but did not seal.

KamHillbilly

Thank You Sponsors!