iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Ukrainian Kilt (musical ditty)

Started by Percy, January 03, 2017, 02:15:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Percy

Thats the name of my latest musical creation. It has a Scottish feel to it but being a Ukrainian myself, I had to come clean, hence the ditty title. The guitar, I just got it, used money that I got from my Dad(Inheritance) who passed away a year ago. Its a Parker fly Mojo. American built high tech thing. Weighs less than 5 pounds, has a piezo pick up as well as two humbuckers. The whole guitar except for the face is covered in an exo-skeleton of carbon fiber making it light and very stable. The fingerboard is carbon fiber and the frets are stainless steel as opposed to nickle which most other manufacturers use. Im playing through an amp that I built the cabinet for out of red and yellow cedar that I milled myself. I used a cheapo Chinese tube amp chassis(Epiphone valve junior) and modified it drasticaly with a Mercury Magnetics hotrod kit(cost more than the amp) ;D. Im a corksniffer when it comes to musical gear. Anyhow, have a listen, I suck a bit but the tone is nice...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqIWDOEkbt4
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

sprucebunny

I like it ! Thanks.

Guitar/ amp seems to have great tone and clarity.
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Sixacresand

The subject caught my eye.  My Mother was from the Ukraine.  Nice picking, btw.
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

samandothers

Not being musically inclined the write up on the guitar and amp alluded me.  I did enjoy the music!  Thank ya

WDH

Where is Woodstock when you need it?
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Percy

Quote from: sprucebunny on January 03, 2017, 08:15:10 AM
I like it ! Thanks.

Guitar/ amp seems to have great tone and clarity.
Thanks. The combination of this amp and guitar is very clear, which means when you nail a passage, it sounds great but when you muff one,  everyone hears it.
Quote from: Sixacresand on January 03, 2017, 07:35:32 PM
The subject caught my eye.  My Mother was from the Ukraine.  Nice picking, btw.
Thanks. My grandparents were from the Ukraine and I believe my Dad was conceived on the boat trip to Canada. He was born in 1930.

Quote from: samandothers on January 03, 2017, 07:51:11 PM
Not being musically inclined the write up on the guitar and amp alluded me.  I did enjoy the music!  Thank ya
Thanks for listening ;D
Quote from: WDH on January 03, 2017, 08:24:18 PM
Where is Woodstock when you need it?
We were both just a little too young to go to Woodstock(1969) but I would have loved to have been there.... ;D

ozarkgem

Love the Celtic sound, its in my blood. Nice sounding amp. Bet it would sound good on a flat top also.
Mighty Mite Band Mill, Case Backhoe, 763 Bobcat, Ford 3400 w/FEL , 1962 Ford 4000, Int dump truck, Clark forklift, lots of trailers. Stihl 046 Magnum, 029 Stihl. complete machine shop to keep everything going.

Percy

Quote from: ozarkgem on January 15, 2017, 03:16:46 PM
Love the Celtic sound, its in my blood. Nice sounding amp. Bet it would sound good on a flat top also.
Thanks. Ill see how accurately I can play this on my Martin accoustic.  ;D

Weekend_Sawyer

Nice!

I appreciate anyone who can play. I took music lessons in school for 7 years.
I can't carry a tune in a bucket!  :D
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Percy

Quote from: Weekend_Sawyer on January 16, 2017, 12:30:48 PM
Nice!

I appreciate anyone who can play. I took music lessons in school for 7 years.
I can't carry a tune in a bucket!  :D
:D :D Thanks

ozarkgem

Quote from: Percy on January 16, 2017, 10:05:33 AM
I have my D28 Martin I bought new in 1973.  375.00  A lot of money. I will pass it on to my grandson who is the only one of my decedents with any musical ability. 
Mighty Mite Band Mill, Case Backhoe, 763 Bobcat, Ford 3400 w/FEL , 1962 Ford 4000, Int dump truck, Clark forklift, lots of trailers. Stihl 046 Magnum, 029 Stihl. complete machine shop to keep everything going.

Percy

Quote from: ozarkgem on January 22, 2017, 06:33:35 PM
Quote from: Percy on January 16, 2017, 10:05:33 AM
I have my D28 Martin I bought new in 1973.  375.00  A lot of money. I will pass it on to my grandson who is the only one of my decedents with any musical ability.
Wow!! I have a D18 I got in 2013. You cant get a new D28 for anything less than 2500-3000 up here in Canuckistan.....
Play us a passage if you get the urge.... Love to hear your Martin.... ;D

ozarkgem

I haven't played in yrs. I smashed my finger and can't get it to bend enough to get on the frets. Don't know if I could keep time anymore. I will post a pic. Its stored at my daughters. Got a 1980 Strat also and a silverface  twin reverb. Used to play a lot. Got my first guitar at 12. I enjoyed playing the Mandolin as much the guitar. I have an electric violin I ran through an effects box. Got some cool sounds out of it. Its a tough instrument to play and my skills were very minimal. It is something you have to play everyday.

WDH

I bought a used Martin HD28 in about 2004.  It was about $1800.  I bought a Fender Jazz Bass in 1974.  Payed $375 for it.  Probably worth about $3000 today  :).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Thank You Sponsors!