iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Project for 2017

Started by bushmechanic, January 01, 2017, 09:59:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bushmechanic

Progress to date on a C4B Tree Farmer forwarder I plan to do this year. Started with just a frame and I'm trying to do this on a small budget (use only what I can source and lying around).

Stephen Alford

Man o Man Mr. Bushmechanic you shure   give the phrase  "start at the beginning"  meaning.  Good on ya ...thanks for bringing us along... :D
logon

coxy

good thing you said what it was I thought it was a pettibone  :) you guys have a lot calmer nerves than I do I like ripping them apart but putting them back together is a different story  :D  thanks for the pics and good luck with it

lopet

Wow, that looks like some serious work.  Doing it right and it will outlast you. ;D
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

GRANITEstateMP

Bushmachanic, what is the tin
box on the backside of the rollcage?
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
Load Trail 12ft Dump Trailer
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570
SureTrac 12ft Dump Trailer

Ljohnsaw

Quote from: GRANITEstateMP on January 01, 2017, 03:11:18 PM
Bushmachanic, what is the tin
box on the backside of the rollcage?
Isn't that where you install the A/C wall unit? :D

Wow, what a project!
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

coxy

if it was a pettibone id say its where you put the spare axles cause there always braking

lopet

Hydraulic tank ?   I know my C5 has it behind the seat but lower. Having said that, it also could be a additional fuel tank while the original one is placed under the winch.
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

tantoy

1968 Garrett 20 Skidder
1991 Ford 1920 Tractor/Loader
2000 Takeuchi tb135 Excavator
Stihl 020, 041 Super, 084
Husqvarna 61, 181SE, 357XP

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

bushmechanic

The box on the roll cage was for your chainsaw, gas, chain oil, axe and supplies. A/C unit... hmmmmm! Thought I had a Hiab crane to make a loader out of but someone else beat me too it. :( This could be a long project like kiko's dozer but as I get something accomplished I will certainly post it. Weather will be a factor here now.   

47sawdust

The talent on this forum is only out done by the "can do" attitude.How old is the TJ that's keeping you company?
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

tantoy

Quote from: 47sawdust on January 01, 2017, 08:44:46 PM
The talent on this forum is only out done by the "can do" attitude.How old is the TJ that's keeping you company?
No kidding, I love the look of that well used TJ with fresh rubber n chains sitting near.
1968 Garrett 20 Skidder
1991 Ford 1920 Tractor/Loader
2000 Takeuchi tb135 Excavator
Stihl 020, 041 Super, 084
Husqvarna 61, 181SE, 357XP

bushmechanic

47sawdust that is a 1963 Timberjack 201B and I believe the C4 is a 1964 but not quite sure, don't matter cause there will be that many different parts on it I will have to re-year it when it's done :D. For the axles I thought I could use the 201 Timberjack's as I had two sets of them...ahh no, the C4's axles were 7 inches wider so I had to source two more axle housing's the right length. I had some C4 axle's in the corner of the garage for about twenty years, used those, after some cleaning with the wire wheel. All the other part's belong to the 201. The ratio is different on the diff's but it won't matter much for getting firewood. There are more pic's in my gallery, I didn't want to bombard everyone :D.

47sawdust

Well I just took a tour of your gallery with my morning coffee.You are a handy guy to have around.I wish we were neighbors.
You remind me of the old ones who lived around here.They didn't go to town for parts,just went out back and "sourced" a part to make it work.Adds a very personal touch to whatever your building.
Great looking family.
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

Puffergas

We all need neighbors like Bushmechanic..!
Jeff
Somewhere 20 miles south of Lake Erie.

GEHL 5624 skid steer, Trojan 114, Timberjack 225D, D&L SB1020 mill, Steiger Bearcat II

drobert2

I have a Pettibone skidder that I'm trying to find a manual for, don't suppose anyone has one ?
It has Model No.  MT 10 P stamped on it and serial No. 10 22. I can't get the steering to work or the winch, otherwise, all good. It has a Detroit diesel 4055 C engine in it.

bushmechanic

I've never even seen one much less work on one. I'm sure that if you made a post there's guy's on here that can help you with the steering and winch.

horselogger50

I wish I was that talented to start a project like that.

kensfarm

Wow that engine/trans sure looks pretty all painted up.. awesome job!

Logger RK

It's looking good. I have a machine that looks very similar,with a 20 inch directional head. Very handy machine.

bushmechanic

Well got another bit of time at the project the past couple of days. Managed to weld up the two frame rails for the forwarder chassis. I had some 1/2 by 6 angle iron that I made into a box, I got it eleven feet long ( ten for the rack and one to weld to inside the skidder frame). Also got at the transfer case for a bit, all new bearings and seals. I was at the old TJ too, stripped out the winch and cleaned up the discs, welded some of the adjuster ears as they were broke off. Forgot to take pic's of the TJ work ::)

sandersen

Wow great stuff  bushmechanic!!  But forgetting to take pictures of the Jack???!!!  That's cruel and unusual punishment for us TJ guys. 
"Make every step count."

bushmechanic

Got some more time at the old project this past weekend!

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Thank You Sponsors!