iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Any Resolutions?

Started by Roxie, January 01, 2017, 07:29:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roxie

Happy New Year friends! 

I've decided to resolve that I will not make any resolutions this year.  In the past, I've kept some and they became new habits, so it isn't a lack of success that propels my decision to abstain this year. 

Turning a New Year is a cause to reflect, however, and I'd sure like to hear any resolutions you'd like to share. 
Say when

Magicman

:new_year:  No yearly resolutions for me.  I resolve each day to take what is before me and make the best of it, both for myself and for others as well.   
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

gspren

I will try to do more fishing and crabbing this year, tough job but it needs done!
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

Magicman

And we plan to come and help.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

gspren

Quote from: Magicman on January 01, 2017, 02:08:35 PM
And we plan to come and help.   ;D
We have plenty of room, I hope we can coordinate a time that works for both of us.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

luvmexfood

Saw on the morning news program the other day most New Years resolutions did not work out. So this year I am going to make one not to become a millionaire :D :new_year: next year.
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

Brucer

Roxie, mine's the same as yours. "I resolve not to make any new year resolutions this year."

Happy New Year everyone!
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

Roxie

I did read about an interesting idea that I am going to start today.  I'm OCD enough that I always put coat hangers with the open end facing into the closet, so we can just lift and pull toward us.  If you put them facing you, then you must lift, push back and then bring forward. 

Today, my project is to put those hangers backward (open end toward me) and then as the clothes are used, to put them in the correct way (with open end facing closet back).  After several months, the clothing that wasn't used will be obvious, and will be discarded or given to a charity. 

I am far more likely to get rid of unused clothes than Cowboy Bob.  He is the hoarder supreme.  So this way, I won't be giving away or disposing of things he uses, and what he doesn't know won't hurt him. 

For example, this is an actual conversation we had yesterday when he asked me to write down some figures as he read them off.  Picture the kitchen table, I rise to go to the drawer that holds our office supplies, to get an ink pen, and finding two dead ones before a third attempt brings up a winner.  As I stride toward the trash can to throw out the dead pens, he calls out, "Don't throw those out, I'm going to refill them."  I reply, "You always say that and it never happens, and nothing ticks me off more than having a thousand pens in the house, and the one I grab is useless."  Him, "There are two thousand pens, but I really like those two."

I waited until he took a nap and threw out the pens.   :D

Say when

Sixacresand

Pig Roast, Mt Rushmore, Lakes Michigan and Superior, attend all Forum get togethers in SE USA, take first trip on a cruise ship.  .
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

Thank You Sponsors!