iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Pull out shelves for a kitchen cabinet to get more storage room.

Started by 21incher, December 30, 2016, 03:56:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

21incher

Just finished some pull out shelves and a couple small shelves for one of our kitchen cabinets. Knocked one more item off the honey do list for Christmas.

This is a long boring video about building them using ash from my backyard.
https://youtu.be/UjQAHiHIU2A
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

5quarter

nice job on the cabinet refit. I need to do some of that in my kitchen... when we built it, it seemed like we had an abundance of space for stuff. Oh how wrong I was...
What is this leisure time of which you speak?
Blue Harbor Refinishing

21incher

Quote from: 5quarter on January 30, 2017, 05:34:45 PM
nice job on the cabinet refit. I need to do some of that in my kitchen... when we built it, it seemed like we had an abundance of space for stuff. Oh how wrong I was...
It is a easy way to gain space in a small kitchen. I just redid the cabinet above it with a spice rack.
https://youtu.be/cBI3FsbB_y0
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

kensfarm

What rollers did you use for the drawers?  I only have 3 spices.. salt, pepper, and chilly powder.. and I don't use the salt.  Looks super.   

jdtuttle

Great job, very clever design. We're getting ready to build cabinets for our kitchen & the wife love's you plan.
Thanks
Have a great day

21incher

Quote from: Magicman on January 30, 2017, 08:46:50 PM
Very nice and also an excellent job of narration.   smiley_thumbsup
Thanks. The winter honey do list is finally completed.

Quote from: kensfarm on January 30, 2017, 11:09:44 PM
What rollers did you use for the drawers?  I only have 3 spices.. salt, pepper, and chilly powder.. and I don't use the salt.  Looks super.   
They are shop fox 100 lb full extension slides from Grizzly. If you buy 6 sets they are a great bargain.  :)

Quote from: jdtuttle on January 31, 2017, 06:43:13 AM
Great job, very clever design. We're getting ready to build cabinets for our kitchen & the wife love's you plan.
Thanks

If you have a corner cabinet it's easy plus keeping light off the spices will make them last a little longer.  Just switching to the jars made my wife happy. With a new build you will have many options to improve on the idea. :)

Dakota

Dave Rinker

Larry

Nice project and outstanding video.  You did an excellent job on both. :) :)

I've thought about using the Grizzly slides a few times as they are priced right.  I'll give them a shot next time.

On your table saw blade, I gave up years ago trying to use a combo blade for ripping.  If I have more than a couple of boards I'll change the combo to a 20 or 24 tooth ripping blade.  I've not noticed much difference between cheap and expensive rip blades.
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

21incher

Quote from: Dakota on January 31, 2017, 11:10:15 AM
I always enjoy your videos.  They inspire me.

Thanks. I started making them so my grandsons could see what their poppy does.

Quote from: Larry on January 31, 2017, 11:55:45 AM
Nice project and outstanding video.  You did an excellent job on both. :) :)

I've thought about using the Grizzly slides a few times as they are priced right.  I'll give them a shot next time.

On your table saw blade, I gave up years ago trying to use a combo blade for ripping.  If I have more than a couple of boards I'll change the combo to a 20 or 24 tooth ripping blade.  I've not noticed much difference between cheap and expensive rip blades.
I used to buy the slides that cost twice as much from HD, and then decided to try the Grizzly ones and found they were the same quality. I have only used the simple ones and never tried any of the fancy auto close ones so I don't know how they work. I am not very happy with the Freud blade for ripping and saving up for a good rip one next. It has a beautiful crosscut, but seems to have very little side clearance for rip cuts. It is extremely bad on ash and the pitch has to be cleaned off constantly. As long as I keep the wife happy, pies and cakes keep rolling out of the oven. :)

Thank You Sponsors!