iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Wooden Toy Train

Started by CHARLIE, December 30, 2016, 01:29:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CHARLIE

https://forestryforum.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10038/Toy_Train_-_Finished_on_Oct_132C_2016.jpg

This is a wooden train I made for my grandchildren. I actually made two of these....one for a customer. When done I was tired of woodworking for quite awhile
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

SwampDonkey

Wow, that is a grand train set. Love it. I can imagine taking a just a little break, but I'm sure you recovered soon enough back to the shop.  ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

chet

I can picture some very happy grandkids.  :)  A project destined to become a heirloom. 
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

kettlekorn

Wow!  A great job and obviously a lot of effort.  Are you planning on adding a new car each year for birthdays, Christmas, and such?

Again, WOW!
EZ Boardwalk Jr , Kubota L3800,  250 acre farm

samandothers

What a great gift!  I am sure that was a labor of love.  The 'grands' will enjoy it for years.   The idea of cars or items added for other occasions is an interesting approach.

thecfarm

That looks nice.  Mighty nice!!!!!
Hope you don't mind,but I added the picture.

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

21incher

That is a great looking train. Good thing Christmas is only once a year so you have some time to rest up. :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

CHARLIE

Thanks for all the compliments. Making it took DanG near all the tools in my shop and all my patience. Each car was a separate project. The engine required me to make about 34 different parts to then assemble. It is what it is and I doubt seriously I'll ever add to it.  I made two of these trains, so I'm pretty much trained out for life.  ;D

thecfarm, thank you for adding the picture. :-)
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

fishpharmer

Charlie, very well done! 
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Magicman

Very well done indeed.  You are a true craftsman Charlie.   smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Woodey

WOODMIZER LT40HDD34CAT w/accuset
JLG SKYTRAK 6036 Telescopic Forklift
NYLE L200 KILN
BAKER M412 MOULDER

Lud

Looks great, Charlie.  I can see the engine and tank car were turned.  I'm guessing those are solid?  Great job!
Simplicity mill, Ford 1957 Golden Jubilee 841 Powermaster, 40x60 bankbarn, left-handed

5quarter

That train set is wonderful...my Son loved it!
What is this leisure time of which you speak?
Blue Harbor Refinishing

cbla

Sixacresand

The train is very nice and I know it was tedious work.  Good job.
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

sawguy21

8) That is a fine piece of work, I sincerely hope the kids appreciate what went into it. What wood did you use?
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Thank You Sponsors!