iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Paul Bunyan and no Chisel!

Started by Jeff, October 03, 2004, 11:15:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WV_hillbilly

Chet did you and Jeff  stick around to see what was in that log and how many more blades they sacrificed to it   ?  I forgot to ask before we left .

It was great meeting all of you . Some for the first time and some multiple times . It still amazes me that all of the forum members that I have met have been the people I thought they were . It just reinforces that the Forum is made up of some real upstanding people .

Bibbyman
 I hope Brooke has many more hours of enjoyment out of those 2 puzzles .  It was quite amusing to see the look on her face when I told her they were both for her .

I have some pics just need some time to post them.  One of them is of THE BEAST in action .  
Hillbilly

Paschale

QuoteI think he needs a Forestry Forum additon cant hook though. ;D

Hmm...so what's the official color scheme of the FF Log-Rite Cant Hook anyway?  It ain't pink, is it? ???   :D

Sounds like a lot of fun at the Paul Bunyan Show.  Might have to add that one to the list next year!   8)
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

Bibbyman

I didn't take as many pictures as normally do as I saw there were many other FF members there taking pictures too.  But I did take a few of our FF sponsors.  (Sorry if I miss any)

Here is a shot of the big Baker mill with what I was told a 77hp diesel engine and 2" wide blade.   Baker brought a couple of loads of stuff and had a big display.

Here is a shot of the Peterson mill with power head.  I talked with Chris and Crag and they gave me a demo.  Thanks guys..

TimberKing brougt in a coupe of mills but not their new 2400.

Wood-Mizer brought a sample unit of every mill size they make.  They also brought a twin blade edger and demoed the lap siding attachment.

On Saturday Wood-Mizer also brought in a couple 2-3 charter bus loads of the great folks that build the mills.  I got to meet and talk to some of them and thanked them for the great job they do on building their WM mills.  
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

RMay

It was great meeting all  of the Form members . The show was great so little time so much to see ;D I got me one of those 60'' Log rite cant hook that is working great when it gets bite it stays hooked . Log rite has some mighty good brownies to ;) sorry I missed seeing Tammy to thank her .that was the biggest road trip I have ever made 1976 miles in three days but it was well worth it 8)
RMay in Okolona Arkansas  Sawing since 2001 with a 2012 Wood-Miser LT40HDSD35-RA  with Command Control and Accuset .

Bibbyman

I was out in the sawshed last evening doing some slab cleanup, etc. and noted that Mary had her new ORANGE "Pro-Sawyer Mary" Sawmill Special hanging on the wall right behind the mill where it would be in easy reach.

At the end of the evening Mary says; "Boy I'm really proud of that cant hook.  I used it all day and never had to take a second bight.  It holds good!"  

I told her that Tammy sent a message that it'd be next week before she can ship a replacement ORANGE 60" model.  Mary says, "You can tell her she can take her time on the 60"er.  I've got the one I need..  IT WORKS."

Dave Mann of Wood-Mizer showing Pro-Sawyer Mary where Kevin and Tammy had labeled the cant hook "Pro-Sawyer Mary Special"
Sawing since '94

Bibbyman

We ran into old friend John Hicks at the Paul Bunyan show.   Many know him from his years and years with Wood-Mizer.   He has his own company now -  Thin Kerf Consulting – were he buys, sales, repairs, used Wood-Mizer mills.   He also does training and other trouble shooting, etc.

He has a new web site under construction.  

Here is the link >  Thin Kerf Consulting

We found him training some of the Hocking students to run an LT40 HD mill.

I thought I got a picture of John but he must have broken my camera.   I did get a picture of the LT15 at his display.  It was setting on a custom frame that looked to be made of 2x4 square tubing.  It had 6 (I think) trailer jacks to support it.
Sawing since '94

dewwood

I just wanted to say what an enjoyable time I had at the Paul Bunyan Show.  I got to meet several more forum members including Bibbyman and Pro-Sawyer Mary and Brooke also Mtn. Jack and Tom and Eric Averwater as well as R May.  I also got to renew old acquaintances with Jeff, Chet, Kevin, Tamiam, WVhillbilly(and son).  It was a very nice show with lots to see and do.  I will certainly be making a return trip there in the future.
Selling hardwood lumber, doing some sawing and drying, growing the next generation of trees and enjoying the kids and grandkids.

chisel

QuoteSorry Chisel. Chet made me title this thread this way. :D

Jeff,
I thought YOU made the rules around here! ;D
8)

chisel

QuoteToo bad ya missed out Chisel. Paul Bunyan was a great show.  :)  

Seems I missed out on a lot of fun! I'm very sorry that I missed the show, but I'll do my best to make it next year. Thanks for thinking of me.

Chet, is yodeling one of your side jobs?  ;D

AtLast

Um Jeff?.....I'm thinkin theres just a tad to much orange on this post. ;D...only thing I can see is that pink Log-rite that plainly goes with anything orange....good combo of color...Pink and orange....hmmm...guess I better stop there :D ;D :)

Jeff

QuoteJeff,
I thought YOU made the rules around here! ;D
8)
He threatened to yodel... ;D
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Tom_Averwater

It was nice to meet all of the F.F. members at the show.I met a lot of new people there. It was nice to camp with Mnt. Jack and Dewey  (Dewwood).Tammy's brownies sure were good. Jeff, did that pan of  brownies make it home ? Chet probably had them half gone by the Michigan state line between the yodeling sessions! :D
   I hope we can have a bigger turn out next year of F.F. members.   8)
He who dies with the most toys wins .

shopteacher

I'd planed on attending, but as my luck would have it my brother and family were coming in from Seattle and my nieces from Wisconsin.  Thought of going anyway, but that just wouldn't have been right. Sure missed them brownies Tam. They would have been worth the trip by themself, not to mention that pretty pink cant hook.  Sure hope next year turns out a little better for me than this summer had. Sure hope to meet some of you next time.
Proud owner of a LT40HDSE25, Corley Circle mill, JD 450C, JD 8875, MF 1240E
Tilt Bed Truck  and well equipted wood shop.

chet

Chris Brown gives Jeff a lesson on the controls of the Peterson WPF.

I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

chet

WV-Hillbilly pointing out da Woodmizer mill to Dewwood he was hoping to take home. I think he was pointin' at da LT70 with da Cat.   ;D

I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

ARKANSAWYER

Chet may have et them grits already and not want any one to know.
  I told Bibby it was good that he did not try to pass himself off as ARKANSAWYER since he stopped by WM on the way to the PB show.
ARKANSAWYER
ARKANSAWYER

Bibbyman

Got our replacement 60" "Pro-Sawyer Mary Special" Yellowisred LogRite cant hook today.

Now I know how to use it from JB's example!

Thanks Tammy and Kevin!  We'll see if we can hold on to this one a little longer than the 10 minutes the first one lasted!

Just in case you missed it,  here is a link to an earlier post about what happened to the first 60"er

What happened to the 60" LogRite cant hook
Sawing since '94

Thank You Sponsors!