iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Resale value

Started by jdw, December 28, 2016, 10:03:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jdw

Thinking of selling my 2016 woodmizer lt35hyd with debarker. Bought new in October has 70 hours on it. Not sure of resale value but I'm thinking 20k that's several thousand cheaper than buying new. Any info would be great.
I have read and understand the terms of the forestry forum.

WV Sawmiller

Unless you have rolled it or a big tree fell across it that sounds like a very fair price especially if you are adding some bands, cant hook or other related sawmill equipment.

If you don't mind me asking - why are thinking of selling? Looking for a bigger/smaller mill? If personal please forgive me for asking.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

jdw

I thought it sounded more than fair just wanted some input. I have by no means abused it.

Chuck White

Once you list it, assuming it's in very good condition (like new) it won't be for sale very long!

I feel the price is "very fair"!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Ron Wenrich

Are you giving up milling or did you get the Frick to cut?
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

E_D_Lewis

jdw, If you do decide to sell I would be very interested.  I have been thinking about a WM LT28 to LT40 for the past couple of months.
MS461, MS250, JD5045E FEL, Alaska Mill

paul case

Welcome to the forum MR Lewis.

PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

sawman

I would call Woodmizer and they can give you a good idea on value.
They gave us an idea on our 95 lt40 a couple years ago with a hi and lo range.
'14 LT40 Hydraulic 26 HP koehler ,massey ferguson 2200 forklift, Case IH D40
Wallenstein FX85

jdw

Ron I'm getting out or seriously thinking about it at this point.

Magicman

I would certainly list it here on the Forestry Forum "For Sale Board" first as there are several members presently looking for and considering buying a sawmill.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

tacks Y

I would keep checking the WM site for a sale, then price it. They run sales and if you paid full price and are selling so soon you may be high. I compare new prices with used and decide if I am saving enough to go used. Easier on older machines with more hours to buy used. Good Luck

killamplanes

Curiosity, why are you looking at getting out. Supply of logs, low lumber sales health etc.
jd440 skidder, western star w/grapple,tk B-20 hyd, electric, stihl660,and 2X661. and other support Equipment, pallet manufacturing line

hunz

I can't believe I just suggested anything other than the for sale board, I'm a terrible FF member! Haha. Always taking, never giving. That's my life motto..... not really. It couldn't be further from the truth, but some will always insinuate judgement. Trying to save a fellow member a $1,000 commission, when his circumstances appear to be anything less than ideal. Selling a brand new mill that was probably a dream purchase. FF members are free to go to other websites, they are public places too.

The day a sale or valuation can be discussed on this forum, without someone making mention a commission in a direct or round about way, will be a great day. Jeff was a visionary and the forum deserves something for that, but discernment in any situation trumps all of that. I'm sure Jeff would agree.
Dream as if you'll saw forever; saw as if you'll die today.

2006 Woodmizer LT40D51RA, Husqvarna 372xp, Takeuchi TL140

4x4American

I don't see why you couldn't get $20k for it, I would think that you could get more for it too.  Did you call up Wood-Mizer and see if they would buy it back and for how much?  WM seems to be selling so many sawmills I bet they'd buy it right back and at a reasonable price.
Boy, back in my day..

Jeff

I'm not a visionary, I'm an old Mill rat that built a website that got popular. Paid for all of it out of my own pocket without expectation at that time of really anything. 5 shoulder operations and after a work life of wear and tear left me unable to do the things I did my entire working life to make a living.

I spent thousands of hours building up this community and taking care of it. With help of sponsors and much more work, I found a way to reinvent myself to try and use the forum to make ends meet. Commissions from deals made from using this forum is one of the things we put in place so the forum would always be free to be a member of.  Commissions are part of our pay check.  I'd never go to your work and try to tell your clients they could do better somewhere else.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

paul case

I for one really do appreciate that.

PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

killamplanes

U got my respect (thinking outside of the box) the world could use a few more thx jeff
jd440 skidder, western star w/grapple,tk B-20 hyd, electric, stihl660,and 2X661. and other support Equipment, pallet manufacturing line

Magicman

Thank You Jeff for the effort that you put forth each and every day to maintain and keep the Forestry Forum running smoothly and available for our professional use as well as for our entertainment and enjoyment. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

tacks Y

As someone with rentals, treat everyone equally. Yes I agree with you Jeff. So what are you holding in your pic? Key board lube? 

Weekend_Sawyer

Quote from: tacks Y on January 03, 2017, 07:16:57 AM
So what are you holding in your pic? Key board lube?

Looks like Bluecreeper to me.
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

jdw

The reasons I'm getting out are health is a big one but I never could seem to break into the lumber market I could sell ties most of the time but would end up losing money cause I couldn't move the lumber. Even grade buyers around here will only take tractor trailer loads all cut within the same week. I was dead set on making it work then I started having some heart issues been running to the DR all the time I just figure its time to cut my losses.

WV Sawmiller

jdw,

Sorry to hear about your health issues and hope everything is correctable and you have a long and happy life ahead of you. Sorry to see the mill is not working out for you. When I bought mine a big factor was resale if things did not work out so I doubt you get hurt too bad unloading it.

You mentioned the lumber market issues but did you consider or would you be interested in mobile sawing for others as an alternative? If health prohibits please disregard my question.

As mentioned earlier there are a number of places you can advertise but right here is almost certainly going to be the fastest and easiest. Looks to me like you already have a buyer here if you do decide to pull the trigger.

Good luck and keep in touch with us.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Ron Wenrich

What I know about jdw was that he was trying to get into the commercial side, which carries a steady stream of revenue.  That works well as long as there are ample markets to generate a cash flow and production is sufficient to keep mfg costs down.  Apparently, his area has more lumber than markets.
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Thank You Sponsors!