iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

sawmilling a mango tree

Started by alsayyed, December 27, 2016, 11:43:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alsayyed

Hi everyone I have this short video would like to share with you. I had the opportunity to mill this mango tree. Oh let me tell you it is heavy even it is small. I like the grain and the wood texture. It is considered hard wood. I got some board very nice and kept it in the kiln for drying. I have used Norwood saw mill and the blade is woodmizier.

Enjoy watching the video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gydiBfUFgw

Ljohnsaw

John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

LeeB

Ahmed,
Glad to see you are still milling. I had wondered if you ever came to the forum any more.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

WV Sawmiller

Yes, I'd like to see the lumber too. I think it is a pretty yellow wood if I remember seeing it. I spent several years working in Cameroon in West Africa and we had tons of mango trees. When the fruit was getting ripe every kid in town had a long pole with a reverse fork in it to pull down the fruit.

I asked a local employee why the kids were just climbing the trees to get the fruit and he told me the limbs were very brittle and broke off easily.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Nomad

Nice video, Ahmed.  Do you have any pictures of the boards?  I've never seen Mango wood.
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

Thank You Sponsors!