iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Stalker comes forward!

Started by nilpuk, December 24, 2016, 07:03:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nilpuk

Hi all, I've been on this site quietly lurking for years now, silently learning about all kinds of topics that you all have experienced and shared!  What a wealth of information you all have been, and a tremendous help in trying to make informed decisions. 

I'm finally making the jump and writing my first post, and I just purchased a Timberking 2000 mill!  Got to say I'm pretty excited.  Me and my buddy went in halves and we're headed to Missouri on Monday morning to pick it up! We've talked about doing this for years, but finally took the leap of faith! I feel like a little kid just before Christmas,,, oh, wait,  I am a big kid, and it Christmas!!!

So in the future I'm sure I will be making additional posts with comments, questions and of course pictures!  Happy holidays from the new guy in NH!
A dear old friend once said,
"If it doesn't make good lumber, it will always make
good smoke"

Savannahdan

Happy for you and your buddy.  Be sure to put a big red bow on it.  Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
Husqvarna 3120XP, Makita DCS7901 Chainsaw, 30" & 56" Granberg Chain Saw Mill, Logosol M8 Farmers Mill

Roxie

What a nice introduction!  Welcome to the Forum.   :new_year:
Say when

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

nilpuk

No I ended up buying one from a vendor at the Northeast Forest expo in Bangor a few years back, I'm impressed with the recollection!
good smoke"

Davek603

Welcome from another NH guy! 8)
Woodmizer LT50 and lots of iron to go with it

samandothers

Welcome to the chatty side of the forum!  Congratulations on your purchase and that is a wonderful Christmas gift!
:christmas:

Bruno of NH

Let us know how you like the mill :)
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

sawwood

Nilpuk I live close to Timberking and may be I can be there when you pick up your mill. Will give them a call
Monday and see what time you might be there. Sure would like to meet a FF Member when they come to town.

Sawwood
Norwood M4 manual mill, Solar Kiln, Woodmaster
18" planer/molder

hopm

Just out of curiosity cause my travel is limited to say the least......HOMEBODY.....what is the drive time from NH to Missouri?

Best wishes on your jump !!!

4x4American

Quote from: nilpuk on December 24, 2016, 09:41:05 AM
No I ended up buying one from a vendor at the Northeast Forest expo in Bangor a few years back, I'm impressed with the recollection!

I asked a genie, and she told me it was for a 650 Kawasaki four wheeler, was she correct?
Boy, back in my day..

nilpuk

So according to maps, it's roughly 1450 miles to the Timberking plant.  I'll be in town Tuesday night, but picking the mill up Wednesday morning providing the traveling is good. I use the logging arch behind my brute force 650, mostly pulling limb wood for my wood boiler.   
good smoke"

78NHTFY

Welcome to the Forum--no better place on the Net for us like-minded folks....    Enjoy your mill (nice X-mas present)!  All the best, Rob.
If you have time, you win....

petefrom bearswamp

Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

bandmiller2

Good news mate, view the trip as a vacation, and see some new country. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

SawyerBrown

nilpuk, you must have been a very good boy this year, Santa sure was generous!  Congrats!

Pete Brown, Saw It There LLC.  Wood-mizer LT35HDG25, Farmall 'M', 16' trailer.  Custom sawing only (at this time).  Long-time woodworker ... short-time sawyer!

WV Sawmiller

nilpuk,

Congrats on your new mill. I hope and trust you will get many years of service and enjoyment out of it.

I have a 650 Kawasaki Prairie I  use with my logging arch and have towed some pretty impressive logs on some real hairy slopes with it. I built a 2 wheel dolly I use on the rear for the bigger logs that works well.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

nilpuk

Well, picked up the mill last Wednesday in KC, what a journey!  Got some great training from the friendly people at Timberking, before we started back on what was suppose to be a 21 hour journey back to NH.  We ran into lake effect snows in Erie, PA that ran all the way into that Nor' Easter. Talk about slow going!  Some 28 hours later of straight driving we made it! 

So today we got a chance to put it to the test!  Milled some hemlock bunks and stickers, what blast we had! Need to get some hours on it to learn the controls and be proficient at it.  Tomorrow we will be milling some white pine for siding on a cabin we will be building.  I'd post more pics but just this one caused me great distress, I guess I need practice with this too!

good smoke"

nilpuk

Not a pretty site, but it's home!
good smoke"

DPatton

Congrats on the new mill and good to hear from another TK owner. Please give us some pictures when you get a chance.
TimberKing 1600, 30' gooseneck trailer, Chevy HD2500, Echo Chainsaw, 60" Logrite.

Work isn't so bad when you enjoy what your doing.
D & S Sawmill Services

DPatton

TimberKing 1600, 30' gooseneck trailer, Chevy HD2500, Echo Chainsaw, 60" Logrite.

Work isn't so bad when you enjoy what your doing.
D & S Sawmill Services

TKehl

Quote from: nilpuk on January 02, 2017, 09:32:27 PM
Well, picked up the mill last Wednesday in KC, what a journey! 

Holey moley!  Did you leave KC metro around 1-2 PM?  If so, I may have seen you around the 85-90 mile marker on I-70 headed out of KC.  I was westbound. 

Posted about it here:
https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,63550.160.html
In the long run, you make your own luck – good, bad, or indifferent. Loretta Lynn

nilpuk

good smoke"

Magicman

Congratulations!!!  Now keep sawdust on the blades, and red paint on the sawmill.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

TKehl

In the long run, you make your own luck – good, bad, or indifferent. Loretta Lynn

Thank You Sponsors!