iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

When it rains it pours...

Started by shelby78, December 18, 2016, 09:32:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shelby78

Now have you ever heard that term used in a good sense? That's how I plan to use it... A few weeks ago I posted a pic of some Black Walnut slabs me and my dad cut. I have been debating on buying a sawmill again and it seems like someone is pushing me in that direction...

Literally the Monday after I cut the walnut I had a Town guy call about a few dead trees (I own a tree service). There were 3 standing dead maples. I didn't think much of it until after I cut them.

As soon as I saw the stump I knew... Spalted maple! I did a quick test cut just to see how nice it was. Someone seems to want me to get a mill.. I still need to slab my 34 inch Honey locust too.

On a side note I got 7 nice slabs out of the walnut log plus a bench. I kept 2 my for own table(and bench) and sold 5 for $1250. I could of got more but when I listed I said I would give someone $100 off per slab if they bought all 5. The guy that bought them drove 2 hours 1 way with a rented uhaul. He wants to buy any slabs I produce.

thecfarm

Looks like you have the product to saw.
Looks like you have the product to sell.
Looks like you have a sawmill to buy.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

goose63

Isure could use that kind of rain
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

cutterboy

Get a saw mill quick! But be warned: Once you start sawing on your own mill you won't want to do anything else. :D
To underestimate old men and old machines is the folly of youth. Frank C.

Thank You Sponsors!