iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My new saw shed

Started by redprospector, December 17, 2016, 10:53:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

47sawdust

No Fair.You're not supposed to be able to drive around an entire building with that loader.The honorable hillbillies amongst us are jealous.
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

redprospector

Thanks guys. It's slow in coming, but it's getting there.
1996 Timber King B-20 with 14' extension, Morgan Mini Scragg Mill, Fastline Band Scragg Mill (project), 1973 JD 440-b skidder, 2008 Bobcat T-320 with buckets, grapple, auger, Tushogg mulching head, etc., 2006 Fecon FTX-90L with Bull Hog 74SS head, 1994 Vermeer 1250 BC Chipper. A bunch of chainsaws.

Darrel

Quote from: 47sawdust on June 27, 2017, 05:46:50 AM
No Fair.You're not supposed to be able to drive around an entire building with that loader.The honorable hillbillies amongst us are jealous.

I learn something new everyday!  I didn't know there were any hillbillies in VT, honorable or otherwise.  :D
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

paul case

life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

redprospector

Had to take a little break from creating shade today so I could spend some money to hopefully make some.

4350 bd ft of Fir logs hauled, and ready to be turned into 6x10's.  ;D
1996 Timber King B-20 with 14' extension, Morgan Mini Scragg Mill, Fastline Band Scragg Mill (project), 1973 JD 440-b skidder, 2008 Bobcat T-320 with buckets, grapple, auger, Tushogg mulching head, etc., 2006 Fecon FTX-90L with Bull Hog 74SS head, 1994 Vermeer 1250 BC Chipper. A bunch of chainsaws.

4x4American

I'm suprised that little loader could pick them big logs up, did it struggle any?
Boy, back in my day..

redprospector

The little Farma is pretty stout, but you've gotta lift the bigger ones one end at a time.
Running small equipment a guy soon learns that he's just gotta be smarter than the logs.  :D

barbender

Looking good, Red! That heat..there is something to be said for dry heat versus the nasty humid stuff we get (although a fine point on dry heat being the kind that you roast a turkey with :D), but hot is hot, especially on a roof. I'd be up on that mountain all summer ;) Now, one time my wife and I were visiting one of her former classmates, who was back home for a visit from her home in Florida. We were asking her how hot and muggy it was down there, she said it was "really humid, but a different kind of humid" ::) ??? My wife did not allow me to address that one ;D
Too many irons in the fire

redprospector

The only good thing about "dry" heat is that you don't have to have refrigerated air, a swamp cooler works quite well.
I've lived in areas with high humidity, and I've lived in arid places. In the long run hot is hot!
But I guess I've never heard of "a different kind of humid". Your wife sounds wise.  :D

barbender

I will relate one example- a couple of years back, we had a pretty hot summer up here. In MN hot=humid👎We got to Labor Day weekend, and there were 90° temps forecasted. The family wanted to do something fun, I couldn't take anymore sweating (I worked on an asphalt paving crew for 16 years, I sweat like a pig and just avoid it generally anymore) so we headed up the North Shore of Lake Superior. That lake is deep and cold, it works lime a big AC unit all summer. Well, it was pleasant right by the lake. The thing was, we were leaving the following weekend for a Black Hills and Yellowstone vacation. I checked the forecast- mid 90's in the Hills, 30's and snowing in Yellowstone. I was really considering not going because of that heat. We all wanted to go bad, but I just knew I'd be miserable. Oh well, I finally sucked it up, we headed out to Spearfish, SD. It was in the mid 90's as promised, but you know what? I didn't even find it unpleasant, after getting somewhat used to humidity, it was kind of pleasant to have a breeze actually evaporate the sweat off of your brow👍 It really didn't bother me in the least. I could see myself getting into trouble in dry heat, just because you don't realize how much water you are sweating out. I know around here, my T-shirt feels like I dipped it in a bucket of warm water and put it back on, so I know I need to constantly drink water. Now I just need to check out that Florida humidity, it's a different kind, I hear😂

Darrel

Hey barbender, let me know how that different Florida humidity works out for you. If you can stay cool in it, let us know and we'll all make a bee line for Florida.
1992 LT40HD

Darrel

Oh and one more thing, I air dried Pondarosa pine to about 8% mc last summer.
1992 LT40HD

barbender

I don't know if you could air dry to 8% here. Are you in eastern Oregon?

Darrel

Most folks don't really consider it to be Eastern Oregon, but the high desert does start here. We had the humidity < 10% pretty regularly July - September and it's already been in the teens this year. We did get a couple of thunder showers earlier this week.
1992 LT40HD

Thank You Sponsors!