iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

building a pine fireplace mantle

Started by sandsawmill14, December 17, 2016, 10:07:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandsawmill14

here it is laid out in the floor  :) keep in mind it is still rough cut and nothing sanded or fitted  :) the mantel itself is still chainsaw cut :D but i dont have the exact measurements so i can make the final cut 

i will get some more pics when i get it stained and another after it is installed :)

a few things i have learned from this  1 i need a smaller chainsaw the 441 with 24" bar is a little much for woodworking ;D  2 when building christmas gifts of this size start before december 14 :o ::) 3 your wife can get you into more trouble than you can ever get in by yourself ;D :D :D :D 
this is my MIL christmas gift :christmas:
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

thecfarm

That would catch my eye!! Your MIL will like it.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

sandsawmill14

thanks  cfarm  i have to go make final measurements after church so i can finish up and install it tuesday :o i hope  ;D that is the only day she has to work this week and i want her out of the house when we put it in :) 

i have got to work on my scheduling projects ::) 8 days is cutting it way to close for something like this when i am working all day and having to do it at night at least i did have one weekend though :) i quit working at 3  yesterday so i got an early start :)

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

sandsawmill14

JIM GORMLEY

I live with fear and danger. On the weekends,I leave her and go wild boar hunting.

opticsguy

Very nice work!!     I have been thinking of something similar for my fireplace but have some concerns. 
I use a wood stove insert, and hot hot air rises off the front of the stove. So, my concern is about severe warpage of a wood mantle.
have others experienced this problem?
TK 1220 band mill,  1952 Ford F-2, 1925 Dodge touring, too many telescopes.

sandsawmill14

here it is put together finally :)

still have do some final sanding and stain but if nothing happens should get it installed tomorrow 8) :)

sandsawmill14

stained and ready to install tomorrow 8)

Thank You Sponsors!