iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Let's see your 2016 Christmas tree!

Started by Jeff, December 11, 2016, 09:04:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Ianab

Awesome  8)

We will be on the road over Christmas, so we are forgoing the usual (modest) tree and lights.

Instead, let me present the portable Christmas....   :D
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Ljohnsaw

John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Kbeitz

Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

coxy

Quote from: Kbeitz on December 12, 2016, 05:38:32 PM
Witch one ?...

I take it you sell trees  how fare are you from roscoe ny  ;D

Magicman

PatD and I did some serious Christmas Tree downsizing this year.

Just a small tree on a table will suffice for us, but it has all six of our very special "fat olde elf" ornaments on it.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

MrMoo

Wow, you guys have your trees all decorated already. We brought ours in Saturday and so far just lights and garland on it. The young cat has a lot to say about how it is decorated.

Kbeitz

Quote from: coxy on December 13, 2016, 06:43:51 PM
Quote from: Kbeitz on December 12, 2016, 05:38:32 PM
Witch one ?...

I take it you sell trees  how fare are you from roscoe ny  ;D

Yep... but I can't do it here... Gotta follow the rules...

Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

sandsawmill14

we plan on puttimg ours up this weekend and i will get a pic  but probably wont be nice as the ones yall have :D
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

Bill Gaiche

LeeB

The are the only 'trees' i will have this Christmas. At work once again. I'm sure Lindy will have one up for us when I get home on the 4th of Jan. These are production wellheads, also known as Christmas trees.

'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Jim_Rogers

My wife put up this one:

This is the medium size one. We have a big one and a small table top one. She picked this one for her grand children to see.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

sandsawmill14

hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

Texas Ranger

The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

samandothers

Merry Christmas to your family!  Beautiful tree!

Kbeitz

Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Texas Ranger

The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

timberlinetree

Those are some very merry trees! :christmas:
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

thecfarm

Still up.

So is the mistletoe,   ;D  upper left.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Jeff

The plan is for ours to come tomorrow, but we have enjoyed it so much this year, that it might not. Enjoyed it is code for, I don't know if I'll feel like it. :D
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

thecfarm

The only reason some of the outdoor decorations got put away was the rumor of about 20 inches of snow coming. There is still some peeking out of the snow on the front lawn. But it is easier to take down,than put up.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Kbeitz

If it wasn't so cold out I would snap a photo of my Dads tree that when he was finished
with it 20 some years ago he put it in our pond for a place for the small fish to hide.
It looks like it was only in the water 1/2 a year. I think it will last another 20 years.
Hey... Wait... I found one dated 2004... It still looks the same today but under snow.

Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

LeeB

I would imagine ours is still up if Lindy has even put it up yet. Chances are she hasnt ans is waiting for me to get home tomorrow.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

caveman

I finally got around to getting rid of our Christmas tree today.  It was a good tree, Frasier Fir, it went quick.

Caveman

WV Sawmiller

I remember burning our 1989 Christmas tree in Jacksonville NC when I was stationed there just before we left. I put it in a 55 gallon drum we used for a burn barrel, put an old wadded up newspaper in there and lit it and you'd have thought it was gasoline. I can see why they had so many house fires with them when dry and around an open flame.

I am firmly convinced making crappie structure out of them is better usage where possible.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

caveman

When I used to speck fish a lot, we used to collect Christmas trees and strategically sink them on ledges and in holes to amass the speckled perch in a nearby lake.  We would stack them on the shore and haul out a half a dozen or so at a time.  Before sending them overboard, we would lash them to concrete blocks. 
Caveman

coxy

if only you could trap that heat and send it up to the frozen north  :)

Thank You Sponsors!