iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sciatic Nerve

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, December 11, 2016, 07:37:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed_K

I hear you on the feeling 30, I have a hard time wondering what happened to lose all that strength we had at 30.
Ed K

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Ed_K on December 16, 2016, 07:32:40 PM
.........you should also talk to the doc about some stool softeners you will need them.

According to Magicman I pass pellets.  :D

But you given some good advice.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Raider Bill

I woke up yesterday with sciatica in my right leg. 12 minutes on the table and all was good.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Ox

When you had your leg up it had the vertebrae in your back relieved enough so when you coughed real hard and all your muscles tightened up it pushed that bone off your nerve and back to the spot in the cartilage where it's supposed to be.  I used to have bad sciatica years ago when farming and throwing 20 ton of groceries off a truck 3 times a week, but I would get relief when I put my leg up on a chair like you did when drying off.  It twists and opens a gap up in your spine right there next to your leg nerve.  You got lucky having it go back in!  Now, be warned that now you have a "chute" in the cartilage for this bone to travel on more easily next time, so it'll likely be easier to get hurt again in the future.  Glad you're feeling better again.  I used to get so bad I couldn't stand up straight after putting on my boots cause it felt like a knife was stuck in every one of my back bones.  I was bent in a 90° angle.  Scary stuff, when your body won't/can't do what you need it to.
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

LaneC

I just came across this. You have gotten some good advice. All jokes aside, it is nothing to take lightly. Believe me I have (unfortunately) a lot of experience with this. If you don't take it seriously (it sounds like you are) this could be one of the biggest things in your life. Having severe chronic pain every day is not fun and it is serious. I hope you get some relief soon.
Man makes plans and God smiles

kensfarm

Just eat 6 prunes a day while you're on the meds.  All natural.. you'll have no problems.

Polly

:)     i am 78 yrs old ruptured disk op, 2 times , both knees and both hips totally replaced 1 shoulder totally replaced  now if your back hurts lay in the floor put feet and lower legs up on chair seat lay for 15 minutes  i had to sleep that way one winter before the first disk surgery now if lower back around tailbone hurts and you fight conspitation i take otezla 1 pi;; 30 mg breakfast bathroom 10 am throw in 3- 1000 mg omega-3 fish oil pills have sex 3 times a week and you will be like a new man  dont laugh it works for me also pays to have a loving wife    check out otezla on your computer  now happy new year to everyone   :)

Left Coast Chris

What you are describing with intermittent shooters and stabbing can be caused from hyper mobility in the back.  I did a lot of sports, weight lifting then worked construction for a number of years and as I got older I relieved my back pain by twisting and popping my back like the chiropractor.

I went to a MD and he sent me to a physical therapist.  Best thing I ever did.  The physical therapist said he can always tell a person that gets "adjusted" all the time by a chiropractor or they do it themselves by the hyper mobility (movement of the spine).  The physical therapist gave me some floor exercises and movement instructions that has avoided surgery so far.   One of the techinques is to clench the stomach muscles and the anus muscles before and while stooping, lifting or use of the back.  Doing that for months greatly strengthened the core muscles and now I can do most things including driving, working in the orchard, wood working and lifting pretty heavy things with the right technique and clenching.   I can now operate my tractor for a couple of hours while clinching my abbs and feel great.   Now if my back is out and I clench while I do work and it goes back in!   A pretty good success. 

I no longer lift heavy things and walk around, twist or bend with them.  A strict no-no. 

Strongly suggest finding a good physical therapist and doing the exercises + lifting methods.

It worked for me so far.   They should not cut on you until you have tried physical therapy , the shots and the stuff Doc mentioned.  Hope you feel better soon.
Home built cantilever head, 24 HP honda mill, Case 580D, MF 135 and one Squirel Dog Jack Russel Mix -- Crickett

Clean Image

Ditto on the input regarding a Physical Therapist, I'm still (although not willingly) installing 2,000lb machines most every day because of her advise. Stretch, stretch and stretch! I was asking my back to do what my legs should have been handling...when my hamstrings maxed out, which didn't take much, my back took over and that's where the failure occurred!
Just look at the way most of those pro golfers used to lean over to pull there ball from the cup...lack of flexibility kept them upright. Many pro basketball players past and present credit stretching and yoga for an extended career...I've had many issues with my back, even having to go on temporary disability leave, but nothing since I took her advise and started a simple daily routine of stretching out...start slow and take it easy, sounds like a good NY resolution to me!
Happy and Healthy New Year to everyone!   

Thank You Sponsors!