iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Started by Peter Drouin, November 26, 2016, 01:14:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

George???

Where did the like button go??? i can't find it

Jeff

From initial observation.  I have noted likes on posts coming from members that have not posted in over two months but had been members for multiple years.

John Mc, you don't get a notice that a topic has been liked. That would be annoying as hell, but you can look at like stats from multiple places.

The like button may not appear in substandard or older browsers. It also does not appear on your own posts. You will have to like yourself the old fashioned way. ;)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

thecfarm

Quote from: Jeff on November 28, 2016, 06:02:00 AM
The like button may not appear in substandard or older browsers.

Ayup,that's what I have.  ;D  I have been thinking about dumping this thing,but really don't do much except for the FF. I get a new one and I would never get outside. I spend enough time on here. ;D Wife uses her phone,or we would have a new one. She only uses this thing when she wants to print something.
Glad it's working. And yes,I noticed some members have very low posts,but have been on here for a while.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Peter Drouin

So boss, you know who uses the like thing? And can see who never use it?
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Jeff

You can see it too. When you see a topic that has likes, that is a link to open up a list of who liked the post.  Also in your menu bar there is a lIke stats link, and also up where the recent posts link is, is a like notification link.  In your profile, you will also find a place where you can see which of your posts were liked, and what posts you liked.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

4x4American

Quote from: Jeff on November 28, 2016, 07:04:10 AM
You can see it too. When you see a topic that has likes, that is a link to open up a list of who liked the post.  Also in your menu bar there is a lIke stats link, and also up where the recent posts link is, is a like notification link.  In your profile, you will also find a place where you can see which of your posts were liked, and what posts you liked.

I can see the like stats link from my iphone 4s in the standard view browser sometimes depending on what color shirt I'm wearing, but not from my laptop computer box...is it because my laptop is 7 years old?
Boy, back in my day..

newoodguy78

I've been wondering about this like button a bit, how many man hours went into making it and all the statistics that go with it work?

As someone that is not technologically advanced it seems like a daunting task.
For that matter how this forum works in general boggles my mind, but I more than enjoy it.
I've noticed a fair amount of "new" names showing up in the likes category. Not sure where to look but is the number of written replies seem to be staying the same?  Hopefully it's working out as planned.