iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

OK, Not Breakfast

Started by Magicman, December 10, 2016, 06:55:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

Pan broiled Catfish filet, copper pennies, pinkeye purple hull peas, skillet corn, salsa, yellow cornmeal cornbread, and topped off with sweet ice tea.   food6
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

4x4American

Golly, you sho ams eatin good! Yum!   digin_2
Boy, back in my day..

LeeB

I could eat the fish. The rest of it is pretty much off limits to me.  :'(
I might could get away with a small amount of the peas and a few bites of the 'copper pennies'. No way on the corn or corn bread. I do make a muffin out of flax meal and almond flour now that is a pretty good substitute for cornbread though.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Magicman

Lee, I admire your "stick with it attitude".  Maybe I should have said "life saving" attitude.   8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

LeeB

Lynn,
It's really not that hard. The foods I do eat are foods I like anyway and the stuff I can no longer have is something I've learned to do without. I'm no longer really trying to loose more weight and am in a maintenance mode now. We'll see if the stick to it is strong enough to last a lifetime.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

21incher

That looks good. You should come to Rochester NY and try a Nick Tahou garbage plate.  :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

fishpharmer

Someone say catfish? Yum! ;D
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

luvmexfood

The local grocery store has what they call Catfish Nuggets occasionally. They are end pieces and trimmings off Catfish. Usually 2-4 inch pieces. Really like them since you get a little more breading on them. Love good Catfish. Had some back in the spring at Golden Corral. Got there at 10;45 in the morning and didn't think they would be open but opened at exactly that time. Everything steaming hot. Usually I shy away from buffets. Some of the stuff has been setting out to long.
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

Magicman

Many times catfish nuggets are belly meat.

WDH

I fry catfish every few weeks.  Take the filets and slice them into strips, bread them with House Autry seafood breader, then fry, then eat  :D. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

WV Sawmiller

Quote from: Magicman on December 11, 2016, 08:09:09 PM
Many times catfish nuggets are belly meat.

That's what I do with the big flatheads I catch. Even the fillets on anything over 4-5 lbs are too big to cook whole in my opinion and I slice them into nuggets.

When I saw those field peas the first question I asked myself was "Where is the fried okra?"
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Magicman

They are sometime there and good.  That topic title could have been soul food.   :D

Thank You Sponsors!