iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Husqvarna 262xp poor oiling

Started by christiangeli, December 09, 2016, 11:25:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

christiangeli

Hi, i have a 262xp that i have bought used . get very low oil at the bar . i turn the adjuster at maximum oil and always not enough oil. tonight i walk trough the entire lubrication system everything is fine, the pump work with the bar off.

i notice that when the bar is mounted , the bar close the oil vent ,

How the oil tank vent can work if the bar plug the oil vent passage ???
is there a special bar with a slot for the oil tank vent for this model ?

i really suspect the vent not doing it job since the bar plug the vent hole

Grandedog

Howdy,
   If it pumps without the bar, it's a good sign, I'm sure you checked the oiler hole in the bar. If you have an Oregon bar with the small lubrijet angled oiler hole, drill it out. It'll give you cold weather pumping issues if you don't thin your oil.
   If the gears are good, and the pump shaft is moving laterally, only other thing that could be going on is that the pump housing itself is worn so that as soon as there any little resistance, it starts cycling the oil back and forth instead of one direction.
   If the vent was causing the issue you wouldn't get oil with the bar off either.
Regards
Gregg 
Gregg Grande
Left Coast Supplies LLC
1615B South Main Street  Willits, CA 95490
888-995-7307  Ph 707-602-0141                   Fax 707-602-0134  Cell 707-354-3212
E-Mail  gregg@leftcoastsupplies.com   www.leftcoastsupplies.com

christiangeli

with the bar, the oil flow good for few minute and after that the oil flow decrease . i notice the same symptom if without bar i plug the oil vent with my finger.

i think about to cut open the stainless plate near the vent hole to allow vent to do his job ...

my only deduction is that maby on the bar it can have a groove for the vent ?

my redmax g5300 have a vent similar to my 262 but the vent have a groove between the adjuster to allow vent to work...

bushmechanic

I have had a 262XP that I purchased new 20 years ago. It too has problems oiling the bar I always assumed it was the Oregon powermatch bar that I had on it. I have been waiting for the bar to lose the tip so I could chuck it but it still keeps on going. I even drilled the oil holes bigger in an attempt to get it to work but now it seems to plug with sawdust quicker. I'm going to have to check out your theory!

Thank You Sponsors!