iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New Guy Here!

Started by SlowJoeCrow, December 08, 2016, 02:44:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlowJoeCrow

Greetings all,

Just wanted to introduce myself officially, I have been reading here for quite some time.  When I'm not "workin' for the man", I'm usually in my woodshop making all kinds of things.  My brother recently bought a Norwood HD36 which I am storing (and using) for him, it works for the both of us.  I'm no stranger to wood but relatively new to milling.  In the past I have taken a few logs to other sawyers, now I can do it myself and that is very rewarding.  I have about 30 acres of woods and I plan on very selectively harvesting some trees off of the land as I have time.  As I know everyone likes pictures, here are a few of some spalted maple that I just sawed up.

Thanks for having me!

jwade

welcome slow joe, nice looking machine. enjoy the saw dust in your pockets.

Brad_bb

Join the party!  Welcome to the addiction.
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

Savannahdan

Husqvarna 3120XP, Makita DCS7901 Chainsaw, 30" & 56" Granberg Chain Saw Mill, Logosol M8 Farmers Mill

tnaz

Thanks for the pictures for sure, and another welcome to the Forestry Forum.

Terry

DDW_OR

"let the machines do the work"

paul case

life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

thecfarm

SlowJoeCrow,welcome to the forum.
Better lock up that spalted maple. Maybe not be there come morning. A FF member just might pay you a night visit.  :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

dgdrls

What Brad_bb said :D

best
D

SlowJoeCrow

DDW, no I haven't seen that one yet, man I've other some reading to do!

SlowJoeCrow

Cfarm, lol its safe and sound, don't waste your fuel!  The logs sat on the ground for two years with no trouble.  I was a little concerned someone might cut them up for firewood!

Peter Drouin

A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Chuck White

Welcome to the Forestry Forum, SlowJoeCrow!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

SlowJoeCrow

Thanks for the welcome, glad to be here!

Darrel

1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

Czech_Made

OffGrid973

Welcome aboard, and glad you decided to go all in. 

Now you need to post your first homemade outhouse cause 30 acres is tough to do the waddle walk all the way home :)
Your Fellow Woodworker,
- Off Grid

Sixacresand

"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

Carson-saws

Welcome Sir...real nice mill...I just realized I had not introduced myself but figure by now it just isn't a matter......You will enjoy this Forum very much,. There are so many good folks here with such a vast and variety of information and knowledge here.  You have a question...this is the place to come.
Let the Forest be salvation long before it needs to be

Migal

Stihl learning and picked up my Log Master LM2 Cat 34hp 02 21 12! 230MF+ the toys that go with it! MS361 MS271 Stihl PB500 Echo 48" LogRite 16ft Bass Tracker Pro' Abua Garcia 5600 bait caster, Wood working equipment' Lake Lot never enough time! oh don't forget the fridge with ale! Loving Wife Rebeca

tareece

Welcome to the forum.. Im a newb too and these guys are worth their weight in gold...
Todd Reece
Lover of many things. Experienced in most... expert in few

Thank You Sponsors!