iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Ash puppet theater for my granddaughter.

Started by 21incher, December 08, 2016, 08:07:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

21incher

Started building Christmas gifts and my granddaughter wanted puppets so I made a theater for her to play with them in.

It is a plywood body covered with thin rough cut ash. It is made to sit on a table. We found some great hand puppets at Costco. We will see in a couple of weeks if she likes it. :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Bruno of NH

Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

cbla

Savannahdan

Husqvarna 3120XP, Makita DCS7901 Chainsaw, 30" & 56" Granberg Chain Saw Mill, Logosol M8 Farmers Mill

21incher

Thanks everyone. I know she wanted some puppets and think she will like it. It is hard to compete with a I pad though. :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

cbla

Quote from: 21incher on December 08, 2016, 08:20:51 PM
Thanks everyone. I know she wanted some puppets and think she will like it. It is hard to compete with a I pad though. :)

:D :D :D :D

21incher

Well that was a winner. She played with it for hours. :)

kensfarm

Wow.. that is awesome!  Future movie star in the making I see.. she's having fun! 

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

21incher

She loved it both with the puppets and as a stage to sing her songs. The only thing I would add is a microphone if I built another. I have a YouTube video  of how I made it if anyone is interested.  :)

Busy Beaver Lumber

That is one professional looking job. Well done
Woodmizer LT-10 10hp
Epilog Mini 18 Laser Engraver with rotary axis
Digital Wood Carver CNC Machine
6 x 10 dump trailer
Grizzly 15in Spiral Cut Surface Planer
Grizzly 6in Spiral Cut Joiner
Twister Firewood Bundler
Jet 10-20 Drum Sander
Jet Bandsaw

Save a tree...eat a beaver!

samandothers

Great job!  You are a good grandpa!   I did not get the correct vision of the size of the 'stage' from the first picture.  The picture with your granddaughter using the stage adds a sense of dimension.  It is a large project.   Thank you for sharing!

21incher

Quote from: samandothers on January 02, 2017, 10:15:46 AM
Great job!  You are a good grandpa!   I did not get the correct vision of the size of the 'stage' from the first picture.  The picture with your granddaughter using the stage adds a sense of dimension.  It is a large project.   Thank you for sharing!
Thanks. The puppets are fairly large so the first pic's make it hard to tell the size. I didn't want her to outgrow it too soon  :)

Darrel

What a cool gift! I'll bet he kids will play with this one day.
1992 LT40HD

If I don't pick myself up by my own bootstraps, nobody else will.

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

kettlekorn

Love it.  My granddaughters would love it as well.  Searched for the you tube video but was unsuccessful in finding it.  Would like to see it.  How about a link to it.
Again, a great job and I know a lot of smiles and memories.  Great job!
EZ Boardwalk Jr , Kubota L3800,  250 acre farm

21incher

Quote from: kettlekorn on January 09, 2017, 09:10:38 AM
Love it.  My granddaughters would love it as well.  Searched for the you tube video but was unsuccessful in finding it.  Would like to see it.  How about a link to it.
Again, a great job and I know a lot of smiles and memories.  Great job!
Here is a link to it. It was made from a plywood carcass with some thin rough sawn ash.
https://youtu.be/KrFX7XcfMcQ
She just loves it.

kettlekorn

Thanks for the video.  Very clear and informative.  Might try something like it for one of the granddaughters' birthday in March.  Thanks again.

P.S.  Hope your planer did not suffer too much damage.  A pretty much "must have" tool.
EZ Boardwalk Jr , Kubota L3800,  250 acre farm

Farmerjw

21 incher, the size/dimension of the theater did not register with me either.  Then when I saw the picture of your granddaughter in the theater I realized the size of this present.  That will be an heirloom for sure.  My uncle made me a barn when I was 6 or 7, still have it and it closely resembles the barn on our farm.  He was futuristic!  I remember the good times with him when I see it, am sure this theater will do that for your granddaughter for decades to come. 
Premier Bovine Scatologist

21incher

Quote from: kettlekorn on January 10, 2017, 09:31:03 AM
Thanks for the video.  Very clear and informative.  Might try something like it for one of the granddaughters' birthday in March.  Thanks again.

P.S.  Hope your planer did not suffer too much damage.  A pretty much "must have" tool.
After seeing her play with it I don't think that how it was made, or what it was made of mattered to her. Just be sure to find some puppets so she can immediately start with a show for you. :)

Quote from: Farmerjw on January 10, 2017, 09:53:12 AM
21 incher, the size/dimension of the theater did not register with me either.  Then when I saw the picture of your granddaughter in the theater I realized the size of this present.  That will be an heirloom for sure.  My uncle made me a barn when I was 6 or 7, still have it and it closely resembles the barn on our farm.  He was futuristic!  I remember the good times with him when I see it, am sure this theater will do that for your granddaughter for decades to come. 
I made her a folding barn last year. https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php/topic,90446.0.html
She still carries it with her and plays with it. She can be tough on toys so time will tell how long it lasts, :)

Thank You Sponsors!