iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Pearl Harbor Day

Started by Magicman, December 06, 2016, 07:37:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

We have a WWII Sailor that lost his life in Pearl Harbor 75 years ago.  His remains were brought home today and will be interred tomorrow in his hometown of Wesson, Ms.  I will hear my new hat in his honor. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

All will be in my thoughts tomorrow that put us and the world in a war.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

brianb88

I heard that today on the radio MM. May he now RIP.
Measure twice, cut once

Magicman

It has also been on the state and national news.  It took much effort and DNA testing to identify the remains.  It is a big deal to the family to finally be able to bring him home.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

sawguy21

That will be a very moving ceremony. I am reading 'Wild Bill Donovan' by Douglas Waller, a fascinating account of the OSS. The events leading up to the attack are very interesting, according to the author the authorities knew it was coming they just didn't know when or where.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Magicman

I attended the procession this morning.

As did many hundreds of others who assembled along the highway to pay their respects.

My picture of the Patriot Guard is a bit fuzzy, but it is the only one that I got.  I was standing at attention and saluting as the procession passed.

Rest in Peace, Jimmy Johnston.

barbender

It is good to see how many showed up for that procession! May he RIP. Thanks for attending, MM.
Too many irons in the fire

Jim_Rogers

Yes, thanks for attending and your service.
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

Magicman

Here is a LINK to the newspaper article with many pictures.  (The gray headed guy is our Governor Ray Bryant.)

BradMarks

SIL just today gave me a brand new book release, hardback version of "Pearl Harbor" by Craig Nelson.  Had a chance so far to read just a few paragraphs of the preface, I like his style.  Pearl Harbor was the reason my father and I suspect many fathers of Forum Members, joined the Armed Forces.  And why it means so much to see our flag fly and listen to our National Anthem.  I lost my father when I was 22 and he will never be forgotten.  So many have given so much to our country. This is a special day to show our respect. Nuff said.

Thank You Sponsors!