iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Rainey day jobs

Started by pineywoods, December 03, 2016, 07:38:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pineywoods

Spent most of today in my sawshed sharpening blades. Sitting in a comfy lawn chair with a propane heater at my feet, steady rain drumming a the metal roof, watching the blade go round and round on the sharpener. I'm sure some of the blades made some extra rounds when I dozed off.. ZZzzzzzz.
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

red

Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

pineywoods

Quote from: red on December 03, 2016, 07:47:21 PM
Just rain no Lightning ?
Nope, no lightening, just a slow steady rain..BUT, my mill shed is under a big oak tree. Big acorn on the metal roof wakes me up every time  ;D
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

goose63

I spent the after noon putting a saw back together (note to self tack pictures be for taking apart) that was 3 weeks ago

After the deer is cut up will spend Sunday after noon sharpening blades TO COLD to saw :snowball:
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

Magicman

No blade sharpening for me, I just pulled the Lazyboy lever into overdrive.   smiley_sleeping  :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

fishpharmer

Yesterday the rain pattered on the old barn while my duaghter and I worked on the old jeep.  Put a new frame and softtop on it.  We fussed, we laughed...had the best day ever.
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Bruno of NH

This is what i did on rainy days this fall and when i watched the late Sunday football game.
I restored 3 old hand planes given to me by a friend that does house clean outs.
He gives me lots of old tools.
I hope to try them out this winter.
I cleaned them up sharpened the irons and waxed them.

Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Thank You Sponsors!