iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

kickspace heater

Started by trapper, December 02, 2016, 11:35:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trapper

We are planing on adding a hot water kickspace heater to an entryway to warm the area up when company comes.  We now have  hydrotherms in the kitchen and bathroom to assist the heat exchanger in our forced air furnace which doesn't do the job on its own at -20.  We are happy with them.  I can get a beacon Morris online much cheaper than the hydrotherm at the local menards.  Anyone use the beacon morris and how do you like it?  Hydrotherm cheaper at lowes but they don't deliver for free at the closest store  and the shipping would equal the cost to just buy it at menards.  Other options welcome also. 
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

John Mc

I don;t know if it makes any difference to you, but it's always been a real hassle for me when I need to schedule warranty work with Lowes. They contract out repairs to area repair services, but their communication with their contractors is abysmal. This has resulted missed days from work with no one showing up at the scheduled time. Turns out they just sent an email saying "be there on Monday between 8-12". Never checked with contractor, never responded to his return email that he wasn't available and that we were out of his service area anyway. Contractor showed my the emails and said "this happens all the time".

After the second time it happened (after I had specifically asked Lowes if they had confirmed the appointment) I started insisting they give the contact info for the contractor so I can verify directly.
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

trapper

Thanks  installation will be by a friend and myself.  Just looking for recommendations on the different brands from people who have used them. 
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

Holmes

Beacon morris was the go to unit heaters , toe kick heaters 40  years ago.  They have been around a long time.  Try to check the noise level would be my only concern.  I do not think they are noisy but better to know now than later.
Think like a farmer.

47sawdust

I have over 40 years experience in the carpentry trade.I was never overly impressed with toe kick heaters.Your mind is probably made up,but if not ,you might consider a unit that is more rugged,especially in a high traffic area.
Good luck no matter what you do.
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

Thank You Sponsors!