iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Fuel system question

Started by luvmexfood, December 02, 2016, 10:55:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

luvmexfood

I use my tractor for skidding. Today I took off the fuel cap to check fuel level and noticed the return line from the engine dumping fuel back into the tank. Stream about as big as a pencil. Never seen this before so traced the line. Right outside the tank is a T. One line goes straight back to the secondary fuel filter. It has two. The other line went to a little round cylinder about an inch and half round and three inches tall. It had two lines coming into it. One from the top of the fuel injectors and the other from the air intake hose. I did notice the other day a little smoke coming from that area like it was hot and the dust was getting hot.

Nothing major. Still runs and pulls good. Any idea what might be causing this? The round cylinder has a bolt on top that looks like you can open the top but I didn't open it because I didn't know about it. Oh and it's a diesel.
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

barbender

Hard for me to say without seeing it, but it sounds like normal bypass fuel return to the tank.
Too many irons in the fire

newoodguy78

I second what Barbender says especially if it seems to be running okay.

Gearbox

It may help to know what kind of tractor. Each has its own injection system .
A bunch of chainsaws a BT6870 processer , TC 5 International track skidder and not near enough time

kensfarm

Yep.. it's suppose to.. normal function.  I had accidentally clamped the return line w/ a seat bolt.. I ended up replacing both lines and had to take one rear wheel off to get to the tank connections.  It was a head scratcher initially.. line blow off.. then lines ballooning.. they had used clear line fuel hose.. I thought it was getting old.  Replaced both w/ normal black fuel hose.  That'll teach me to retro a nice comfy seat..  a pillow would've saved me a lot of time. 

luvmexfood

Boy I know that about the seat. The one on this tractor is the original. About 35 years old. Vinyl on it is old and cracked. If wet I have to use a cushion or a wet rear end. Other tractor we have that is not running now was about 45 years old and all the foam cushion was gone. Spend a day on that and you sure knew what hemorrhoids were.
Give me a new saw chain and I can find you a rock in a heartbeat.

Thank You Sponsors!