iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Don't want to think about it, but it is time. Again.

Started by Jeff, November 28, 2016, 01:51:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

The Forestry Forum continues to grow. More photos every day, more posts, more bandwidth, more members, and all of this is good. But, with the growth the forum servers have to grow too. It has been almost 7 years since I had to do a major migration to new servers and it was taxing to say the least. We are going to have to do it again I am afraid. Looking at stats for the website and resources available on the server to run everything and keep it running at current and future standards, it is just going to have to happen. Upgraded servers again.  I'm looking at after the first of the year. Hopefully it will be quick and painless on the membership side. Most of my issues simply comes from worring about doing it and how to do it. A whole lot more data this time than last, which means a whole lot more that could possibly go wrong.

So, anyhow, be aware, its going to have to happen to make sure we don't out grow our trousers in the next few years. :D
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Ox

K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Ox

K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

DDW_OR

"let the machines do the work"