iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sawing to beat the storm

Started by johnnyllama, November 24, 2016, 09:46:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnyllama

Spent last Saturday finishing up the Adirondack Lean-to roof framing in the morning, then sawing and stacking as much of the quarter-sawn white oak I could get done before the weather turned. It went from low 70's Saturday to snow Sunday and by Monday night we have around 30" on the ground. Hope this isn't a sign of how the whole winter is going to be.

Turner Bandmill, NH35 tractor, Stihl & Husky misc. saws, Mini-excavator, 24" planer, 8" jointer, tilting shaper, lathe, sliding table saw, widebelt sander, Beautiful hardworking wife, 2 dogs, 2 cats, 23 llamas in training to pull logs!!!

Bruno of NH

Nice !
Like the wood and lean to
Not so much on the snow :)
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

flattail

:o Wow whats all that white stuff? I'm glad we can saw all year.Well we sometimes get a dusting.

petefrom bearswamp

Nice lookin lean to. Glad you got the lumber stacked in time.
Flattail, I got the same amount as Johnny llama. just part of living in a snow belt that gets hammered every once in a while. some call it a central NY dusting.
My grandson and a friend went hunting this am in my woods, said the snow was crotch deep in places.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

starmac

And here we are, praying for snow, and have only gotten some decent dustings so far.
Old LT40HD, old log truck, old MM forklift, and several huskies.

Kbeitz

Quote from: flattail on November 24, 2016, 09:59:46 AM
:o Wow whats all that white stuff? I'm glad we can saw all year.Well we sometimes get a dusting.

I've seen a little more than a dusting in Santa Catalina Mountains.
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

21incher

We are just north of you and I have 5 ft drifts to deal with from the 2 days of 40MPH winds.
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

square1

:o Wow whats all that white stuff?
I think he is sawing white oak, sawdust?  ;)

flattail

;D I'm a northern transplant.I barely remember the deep snow.Seen plenty in the Sierra Navadas when I was stationed in Nevada.I don't miss it

fishfighter

Quote from: square1 on November 24, 2016, 02:28:38 PM
:o Wow whats all that white stuff?
I think he is sawing white oak, sawdust?  ;)

I would say. :D Sure glad I don't have to deal with burning off all that saw dust. :D

johnnyllama

I've tried burning it but it's slow going. Mother Nature is doing her best last night and today though. I think I can start to see where my mill is now!
Turner Bandmill, NH35 tractor, Stihl & Husky misc. saws, Mini-excavator, 24" planer, 8" jointer, tilting shaper, lathe, sliding table saw, widebelt sander, Beautiful hardworking wife, 2 dogs, 2 cats, 23 llamas in training to pull logs!!!

larrydown60

I spent 3 hours in Preble plowing Monday night could not see over the plow lights in was really coming down on Rt 281 and Rt 11 had to stop a few times to make sure I was still on the road.

Thank You Sponsors!