iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Tapio 250 electrical problem?

Started by TroyF21, November 22, 2016, 07:01:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TroyF21

Hi. New to this forum. Does anyone have any insight as to why none of the functions on a harvester head (tapio 250) will work, unless it's in the process of tilting?
I can run the bar out of it's case and open and close both sets of knives while holding tilt up or down. As soon as I leave it, and try the button's again the knives stutter slowly until they completely stop.
We checked the computer wires and cleaned the solinoids but nothing seems to work.
We are new to harvester equipment and inexperienced. So any help or advice would be appreciated.

kiko

I am not familiar with your processor .   Sounds like a load sense issue.  You are effectively tricking the the pump to displacement through the tilt valve. Likely all the ones that don't work on their own will be down stream of the tilt valve.  There will likely be a resolver or check valve in the tilt valve that is dumping all downstream load sense to tank.  Do you have a parts book?

TroyF21

We have a parts book for the bigger model of our head. It's really not that good to us.

snowstorm

how many wires on your boom cable? 4 or 6 or 20. 6 wire usually have 2 hot 2 ground and 2 can wires. a high and low. the 2 can wires carry multiple signals over the same wire. so they control the valves and the length and dia . you have to have the book for the head and computer. what dose it have for a computer?

TroyF21

I think it's 6 wire and they seem too look ok . We have had a lot of problems with this head since we got it .  Not  sure if that's normal for mechanical machines or not , we always had power saws working. Hoping too have someone look at it on the weekend

TroyF21

snowstorm

i have the book for the motomit. thats what my keto uses. never heard of that brand. if the memory battery goes the computer will loose its memory. usually any problems are caused by broken wires. there is a dealer in nb or ns call them

snowstorm

is the base machine 12 volts and the puter 24? if so check voltage at the converter. there are voltage sensitive

TroyF21

Yes it's 24 volt with a converter . There is one dealer in Nova Scotia and there's not much they can do too help because they don't install them anymore . It's strange the functions will all work when I hit the tilt button.  It will work for a few seconds after i let go of the tilt and then go back too barley moving . The other day it run for about 4 hrs perfect and then went back too barley opening n closing unless hit the tilt.   Maddening

kiko

Can you get a picture of the valve bank?
You can check the load sense pressure on the pump.  Often there is a test port where it enters the pump controller.   If load sense pressure is only present when activating the tilt, then it is dumping in the tilt valve.   

TroyF21

Yes that sounds like what mayb happening . Is it possible that solinoid for the tilt mayb sticking or have something in it . I found a piece of O ring in one of the solinoids on the head itself. I never had the tilt one apart because it worked ok . The tilt solinoid is on the boom

snowstorm

a little more imfo would help. and pictures. is it on a small excavator?? make yr? piston pump or gear?? if it has 1 piston pump that powers the exc and the head. dose the exc move ok? there should be a valve on the exc that feeds the head with a wire from that valve to the computer

TroyF21

It's a 2004 ex 60 hitachi  it moves around fine. The heel boom works fine

TroyF21

Tapio problem is fixed . I had a bad diode in the cab that send signals to the pump . Thank you Kiki and snow storm for your comments. Very helpful.  Ready too cut Monday

snowstorm

Thank You Sponsors!