iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Belsaw circle mill question

Started by jeep534, November 21, 2016, 01:49:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeep534

Has anyone fitted a hydraulic  bandsaw style log loader to a  Belsaw M-14 or similar mill  8)

Happy Hunting

york

Do you really think you could do this,with out knocking your mill out of alignment ???
Albert

bandmiller2

York is correct A Belsaw should be handled carefully with as little shock to the carriage as possible. In fact logs and cants are not supposed to be flipped on the carriage. Triangular shaped log turners are supposed to be supported by a dead deck and the logs rolled on them and then slid back on the carriage. I know some of you Belsawyers flip right on the carriage and will continue to do so I am just saying what Belsaw recommends. Rather than a hydraulic hoist its easier to make a stout dead deck same level as the carriage. If your mill is on a side hill logs can be rolled from the ground right on the mill. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

jdeere540a

York and bandmiller2 are right a brow or dead deck is better for these mills. I made one out of logs and it works good I can put about 1500 feet on it. I made mine high so u can back a flat bed truck beside it and roll the logs off. I load most of the time with my log truck though. If I have time I will put pics on tomorrow so u see what I mean.

Thank You Sponsors!