iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Please welcome our newest sponsor! FARMA and FORS MW

Started by Jeff, November 21, 2016, 09:08:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

See ya at Bangor. I'll be the one the Forestry Forum hat on.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

dgdrls

DR_Buck

Welcome to the Forum.    I've had my FARMA  loader for about 10 years and it has performed well.
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

John Mc

Does Farma make any equipment suitable for use behind a Compact tractor (or perhaps even an ATV)?  If not, do they have plans to do so in the future?

I didn't see anything when looking through their web site. A narrow dump trailer rated for 3 to 5000# that is rugged enough to go in the woods, but could still be licensed for use on the road would be vary useful to me (something lie the old CAM Woodsman trailer). I've also been nosing around at compact tractor sized log trailers or forwarding trailers (but have not been able to justify one ... yet).
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

dean herring

Welcome to the forum. Do y'all sell any used equipment?
Failure is not an option  3D Lumber

FARMA

Quote from: John Mc on November 29, 2016, 12:59:56 PM
Does Farma make any equipment suitable for use behind a Compact tractor (or perhaps even an ATV)?  If not, do they have plans to do so in the future?

I didn't see anything when looking through their web site. A narrow dump trailer rated for 3 to 5000# that is rugged enough to go in the woods, but could still be licensed for use on the road would be vary useful to me (something lie the old CAM Woodsman trailer). I've also been nosing around at compact tractor sized log trailers or forwarding trailers (but have not been able to justify one ... yet).

Hi John,
Considering what you mean by a compact tractor I would think that our T6 trailer with C38 or C42 cranes would be a good match for them. To give you an idea I include some pictures of, what I would call a compact tractor, with our C42 crane on it. This crane is then also available to be mounted on the T6 trailer which is our smallest one in the range.
/Peter

FARMA

Quote from: dean herring on November 29, 2016, 07:11:49 PM
Welcome to the forum. Do y'all sell any used equipment?
Hi Dean,
I would suggest that you get in-touch with our dealers in North America as they do get trade in equipment when customers upgrade for bigger loaders or trailers. You also might give them call just to say that you are interested if something turns up.
However the price difference between a second hand and brand new unit isn't that big and usually our customers tend to stick to their gear for long.
We don't offer any second hand from the factory, it is all ran through the dealers.
Peter

John Mc

Thanks, Peter. I had missed the T6 size (I must have been looking at the G2 trailers, where the smallest one is the T10).

I'm afraid the T6 may still be too big for me. I'm a small operation. My tractor weighs only 2400# (1100 kg) bare. By the time I add the loader, filled rear tires, belly pan and operator cage, and other accessories, I'm still only up to a little over 4600# (2100 kg). I'd never come close to using the capacity of a 6000 kg rated trailer, and keeping it under control on my hilly property would be difficult. The trailer would probably be owned jointly with a few friends who work cooperatively to pull out firewood and some saw logs, assist with charity operations and some small jobs.

If you ever made something like a T3, that's more the size range I'm looking for. I realize this size would probably be viewed as a "toy" by larger operators. However, that's the size range that fits what I am doing.

I will stop and check out your equipment the next time I'm at a show where you are exhibiting.Perhaps talking to others who are using the equipment at my scale may help. I make it to the Northeast Forest Products Expo when they are in Essex, Vermont, and occasionaly to the New York Woodsman's Field Days in Boonville, NY.
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

samandothers

Thank you for sponsoring such a great place!  Looks and sounds like the equipment has a good reputation among members. 8)

celliott

Quote from: John Mc on November 30, 2016, 11:58:36 AM
I will stop and check out your equipment the next time I'm at a show where you are exhibiting.Perhaps talking to others who are using the equipment at my scale may help. I make it to the Northeast Forest Products Expo when they are in Essex, Vermont, and occasionaly to the New York Woodsman's Field Days in Boonville, NY.

John, I realize the trailer isn't the size you are looking for but you're welcome to check out our Farma trailer, it's in Cabot VT. It's the T12 C7 trailer and we pull it with a 120hp farm tractor, so kinda the opposite but you'd be able to check out the Farma build quality and so on.

We bought that trailer from Pickens in Waterloo.
Chris Elliott

Clark 666C cable skidder
Husqvarna and Jonsered pro saws
265rx clearing saw
Professional maple tubing installer and maple sugaring worker, part time logger

scully

Welcome Farma ! I wish you all the best as a great new sponsor to the best forestry forum of all time !
I bleed orange  .

John Mc

Quote from: celliott on December 03, 2016, 08:40:15 AM
John, I realize the trailer isn't the size you are looking for but you're welcome to check out our Farma trailer, it's in Cabot VT. It's the T12 C7 trailer and we pull it with a 120hp farm tractor, so kinda the opposite but you'd be able to check out the Farma build quality and so on.

Thanks, Chris. I'll drop you a note if I'm going to be out that way.

Jeff

Hey Forumites!   Please give a welcome to returning sponsor FARMA! After a brief winter Hiatus, they are back to serve your Forestry needs!
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Chuck White

Hey FARMA, welcome and thanks for sponsoring the Forestry Forum!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

celliott

We modified the bunks on our C7 T12 Farma to carry a 1400 gallon sap tank. Very heavy duty, no issues there, handled it well.

We are now going to be modifying the bunks again (temporary modifications, the log bunks go back in, we add pieces of 2.5" steel pipe to fit in the bunk slots) To be able to load, transport, and spool out 5000' reels of 3/8" steel cable. Should make life alot easier.

Very versatile machines for sure!
Chris Elliott

Clark 666C cable skidder
Husqvarna and Jonsered pro saws
265rx clearing saw
Professional maple tubing installer and maple sugaring worker, part time logger

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!