iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Error 503

Started by pineywoods, November 19, 2016, 09:36:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pineywoods

Over the last few days, I've been getting a bunch of these while accessing the forum. When these occur, response time from an inquiry often runs into several minutes. I can fire up another system and do a "ping" command to forestryforum.com and get a response in under .1 second. The time to build a response page takes the forum software somewhere in the neighborhood of .07 seconds. I have a route trace program that shows me the connection route from my isp to forum server, it usually shows up to half a dozen routers in the path. So far can't see anything common to the problem. Looks to me like the bottleneck is somebody beating the daylights out of a router between me and the forum server.  Anybody else seeing this problem ? From where I am, I don't think the problem is the forum server or local to my system..Maybe Jeff has some tools that I don't...
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

Brian_Rhoad

I got that same message last night around 10:30. I was able to get on the site a few minutes later.

sandsawmill14

i got the same the same message 4-5 times in the last few days :)
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

sprucebunny

I couldn't connect with the Forum at all for a while ( most of Thurs nite and Fri.). Then I deleted my Forestry Forum cookie and another 'odd' cookie called 'local documents on your computer' and it has worked well since.

I patrol my cookies and have an ad blocker. Only about 20 cookies that are allowed to stay.
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

GAB

I've got the same 503 error message twice yesterday and other times in the past.
Gerald
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

Magicman

I have been having that problem for close to a week.  Twice this morning.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Dakota

I've had the same problem.  I just figured Jeff was working on the system.
Dave Rinker

thecfarm

Me too,me too.  :) 
I thought the chinese was trying to get in again. One night I just gave up.  ::)
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Jeff

I am aware of the situation. Basically they are DOS attacks. When they start, and I see them, I take steps to stop the problem until they come frome another direction and have to do it all over again.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

sandsawmill14

smiley_thumbsup thanks jeff good to know now i know for sure its not a problem on my end :)
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

Peter Drouin

I get that from time to time. For me, it's in the morning. 430, 5 AM
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.