iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

YAS Slabmaster vs Wood Wizz

Started by boardwalker, November 17, 2016, 02:56:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

boardwalker

Hi

Just looking for some opinions from someone who owns or has used either of these surfacing machines. Anyone from Australia where these are built?

Thank you for you opinions in advance.
Craig
Lucas 8", Laguna CL1200 copy lathe

boardwalker

Does anyone in Australia know if YAS Engineering sells to the United States. Their inquiry tab will not let me contact them. It keeps asking for a ph# and then will not let me input the #. Any help like an email address for the company or some other way besides an Australian PH# to contact them would be great.

Thank you
Craig

Ianab

From Google

YAS Engineering Pty Ltd
Address: U5/3 Central Park Drive, Yandina QLD 4561, Australia
Phone: +61 7 5472 7125

Need to check time zones to figure out when to call.
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

longtime lurker

Haven't owned either, but we hire some work done on a Yass on occasion. Never seen a wood wizz in the flesh.

Both have a good reputation, second hand ones of either come up but rarely and tend to get snapped up pretty quick.

According to the Wood Wizz site Baker Products are a US distributor.
If you like I'll call Yass early next week (Friday afternoon here now, the time difference thingy strikes again) and see if I can get an email address for you.
The quickest way to make a million dollars with a sawmill is to start with two million.

boardwalker

Longtime Lurker

I would appreciate it if you could get an email address for me.

Thank you
Craig

B@kerLuke

Boardwalker,

This is Luke with Baker Products.  We are the sole distributor of the Wood Wizz for the US and Canada, as well as servicing other regions of the globe.  Our team has experience with the machine up close and personal, as well as many happy owners that love the performance of the Wood Wizz.  If you'd like, we can get you information about the machine, pricing, and so forth.  Someone from our sales consultant team would be happy to talk with you and answer any questions you may have.  Our number is 1-800-548-6914 and we are open 8am-5pm Central Time.  Happy New Year!

flatrock58

Luke,

It would be nice if you sold the Wood Wizz Handyman version that is available in Australia.  For my small operation the larger Heavy Duty machine cost too much.  I would be better buying a used Lucas mill and adding the planing blade and sanding disk.  I would at lease have a machine that could be used to break down large trees that my LT40 can't cut.
2001 LT40 Super Kubota 42
6' extension
resaw attachment
CBN Sharpener
Cooks Dual Tooth Setter
Solar Kiln

otherguy

Quote from: flatrock58 on December 27, 2017, 08:12:32 PM
Luke,

It would be nice if you sold the Wood Wizz Handyman version that is available in Australia.  For my small operation the larger Heavy Duty machine cost too much.  I would be better buying a used Lucas mill and adding the planing blade and sanding disk.  I would at lease have a machine that could be used to break down large trees that my LT40 can't cut.

So the Handyman version isn't sold here in the US?

flatrock58

I got a reply from Baker saying they don't have any plans to offer the Handyman version for now.  There is a long waiting time for the Wood Wizz model they sell.  Wood Wizz can't sell the Handyman model to anyone in the us because of there agreement with Baker I guess.  The only other option In would have is to get one of my friends in Australia to buy one and ship it to me.  Not sure that would be too cheap even though the Australian dollar is around .78 now.  Besides there might be a power issue.  Will just have to build my own.  It is on the list right after I finish the workshop and build the solar kiln!!!
2001 LT40 Super Kubota 42
6' extension
resaw attachment
CBN Sharpener
Cooks Dual Tooth Setter
Solar Kiln

Thank You Sponsors!