iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

new blade problems

Started by killamplanes, November 14, 2016, 09:17:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

killamplanes

I decided to try some different blades. I have ran couple 100 rippers 10 degree on my mill cuttiing everything hardwood. Yes 10 degree a littling much but that's what my sharpeners set on so hey. Anyway I tried 15 kasco 10 degree. I Know they are outlasting my old ripper blades but I'm having problems with first cut or 2, are wavy and blade is bitty. After a cut or 2 I can run a couple hours wavy free but I cant push them very hard or the waves come back. I like the longevity, but cant push the mill and it seems like I have to dull the blade a little before my mill likes them. I am underpowered for 10 degree blades and cutting red oaks. Think its the 10 degree and hp or what.  My old blades always did good start to finish but blade life wasn't as good.
jd440 skidder, western star w/grapple,tk B-20 hyd, electric, stihl660,and 2X661. and other support Equipment, pallet manufacturing line

fishfighter

I never tried their 10 drg blades. I saw a lot of oak and I found that the 7 drg blades work best on my 126 woodland mill that has a 9.5 hp motor.

Kbeitz

Quote from: fishfighter on November 15, 2016, 07:24:23 AM
I never tried their 10 drg blades. I saw a lot of oak and I found that the 7 drg blades work best on my 126 woodland mill that has a 9.5 hp motor.

Did you ever try 4 deg ?
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Thank You Sponsors!