iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Well i'm going to give in!

Started by Woodhauler, November 14, 2016, 07:33:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodhauler

Going to the hospital this morning. Leg is still red and swollen, painfull, to touch and walk on. Had a spot off redness show up under my left eye last night. Don't really want to go cause I think they will hook me up to a iv andkeep me a few days. I have wood to haul and no one to drive my truck.
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

thecfarm

You don't find out what is wrong,someone else will be buying your truck.
Meaning you will be dead.  :o
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

gspren

You gotta set priorities, staying healthy/alive should be near the top.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

Woodhauler

I'm back!!!!!!  Got some stronger antibiotics and was hooked up on IV most of day. Guess I will live ;D
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

Gearbox

Good for you . You have to wear out a few more trucks and loaders be for you quit .
A bunch of chainsaws a BT6870 processer , TC 5 International track skidder and not near enough time

DDW_OR

Quote from: Woodhauler on November 14, 2016, 05:23:46 PM
I'm back!!!!!!  Got some stronger antibiotics and was hooked up on IV most of day. Guess I will live ;D

next time you get a prescription try GoodRx.com to see where you can get it cheapest.

did that for my Mom's Med's. Walmart with her discounts came to $125, with GoodRx it was $71
"let the machines do the work"

Woodhauler

Still setting home, It seems a little better. Swelling is down, redness is going away, still sore to touch. Raining hard here so I guess its a good day to do nothing. I am hauling wood Thursday and Friday. ;D

Woodhauler

Well one month later and I spent today in hospital again! Never really went totally away, so now im on horse size antibiotics! Did a bunch of lab work and all it showed was a infection. 10 days of these , hope it goes away.

Ox

What kind of infection?  Cellulitis?
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

thecfarm

I have no idea at what hospital,Doctor you have. Try another one??? Nothing to fool with.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

coxy

did you cut it or something or did it just show up  the guy I work with in the winter his leg swelled up after he bumped it hard went to the doc a few time found nothing wrong then I got on his butt to go some place else found out it was a blood clot

Woodhauler

Quote from: coxy on December 20, 2016, 07:23:13 AM
did you cut it or something or did it just show up  the guy I work with in the winter his leg swelled up after he bumped it hard went to the doc a few time found nothing wrong then I got on his butt to go some place else found out it was a blood clot
They scanned for blood clots both times, non there. Blood work shows signs of infection. Not as bad as when I went before but still red and swelled up some. Cellulitous can be hard to get rid of.

SLawyer Dave

Yes, it can be very hard to get rid of.  Did they do any cultures to identify the specific pathogen?  With some of the drug resistance issues popping up, being able to identify exactly what is infecting you, so the most effective medicine can be used is becoming much more necessary.

Good luck.

Thank You Sponsors!