iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Help troubleshoot Brand new Husqvarna Rancher 455

Started by Scottblue, November 12, 2016, 07:01:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scottblue

Hello,

I have a brand new Husqvarna 455 Rancher. I have gone through about 10 tanks of fuel and yes it is mixed properly. I shut it off to put on a fresh chain and it won't start, not even a lick like it would want to. I know its under warranty, but as usual it is the weekend and the place where I purchased it is closed. So I ask anyone if they have had this problem and if so, is there something that I can do to get it running to finish my cutting?

Thank you,
Scottblue

sawguy21

Remove the spark plug, is it wet or dry? If wet, close the choke then open to set the high idle then give it a few pulls. If dry, give the carb a spritz of gas to see if it fires.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Ianab

As well as Sawguy's suggestion of flooded or vapor locked, it could be a bad spark plug.

Just adding that to the list of things you can check before taking it to the shop.
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

DelawhereJoe

When you push your bulb primer, does it push fuel or not. I've seen fuel lines pop off of carbs and the primer bulb, check them too.
WD-40, DUCT TAPE, 024, 026, 362c-m, 041, homelite xl, JD 2510

beauj5

Also, it could be the fuel tank vent. My 395 had a bad one from the factory.
When the road forked, I went straight.

T540xp, 562xp, 034 super mag, 044, 460, 576, 056 super mag, ms460, 066, ms880, 090.

Thank You Sponsors!