iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New tractor

Started by Seavee, November 12, 2016, 02:31:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shop guy

Looks like a stump bucket on the front in that last pic.... love them!
2015 dodge Cummins 4x4 crew, t590 & 763 bobcat with hydraulic breaker, 1 woman, 1 baby girl, 3 dogs and a shop.

Blessed!!

God is great, beer is good....and people are crazy.

Andries

Quote from: YellowHammer on November 14, 2016, 07:17:06 AM
Don't forget Blue.  They make the T4 series for Europe and North America specifically as a hybrid agricultural and construction dual role.  ....
That's news to me YH.
That looks like a terrific machine for the "Swiss Army knife" approach, where one machine does it all.
I cant see cast weights on the back axles -  do you have liquid filled rears?
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

Seavee

Thanks Yellowhammer,  Just got off the phone with rhe local New Holland dealer. Looks like the power star 75  may fall right in line with the price point I'm at.  It's bigger heavier than  the 5055e Deere. At the same price.  The power star is just below the T4 line and I can get the 75 with out the cab.
Wood mizer lt50 47hp yanmar Diesel  Sthil MS311, Ms661 MS200T, 029 farm boss  and a New Holland T4  75hp.

Peter Drouin

Once you have a cab, You will never go back. :D :D :D :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

Seavee

In the jungles of the Low Country in South Carolina the glass would be gone in a week.  It's been a crazy day but it looks like I'll finish the deal on it tomorrow.  I added the 4 wheel weights to the rear for ballast. I'm sure you always want bigger.
Wood mizer lt50 47hp yanmar Diesel  Sthil MS311, Ms661 MS200T, 029 farm boss  and a New Holland T4  75hp.

Kbeitz

I'll be the odd ball and stay with my orange...
Love them all...

Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

thecfarm

Orange is good. I got rid of my orange just because I had to wait a week for parts. That was from 2 diffeant dealers too.I went back to blue and can get parts in 3 days. Just as I told them,I have a 1954 tractor and I can get a part in 3 days and you tell me I have to wait a week.  ::)  :o :( ??? >:(  I'm not one that sits in the house and wonder what I can do with my tractor today. And neither dealer had much inventory for parts either.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

JustinW_NZ

Just wanted to ask have you thought about going to a proper loader?

I find a loader always runs rings around a tractor for lift and stability.
Obviously a bit more dedicated though..

Cheers
Justin

Gear I run;
Woodmizer LT40 Super, Treefarmer C4D, 10ton wheel loader.

Seavee

That's a big problem for me. This machine is a do it all for me. Kind of a sacrifice in each thing it's going to be doing. I can't go much bigger for the type of mowing it has to do.

ozarkgem

Didn't know they still made industrial tractors. I have an old 3400 Ford Industrial.
a real beast.
Mighty Mite Band Mill, Case Backhoe, 763 Bobcat, Ford 3400 w/FEL , 1962 Ford 4000, Int dump truck, Clark forklift, lots of trailers. Stihl 046 Magnum, 029 Stihl. complete machine shop to keep everything going.

YellowHammer

The big wide rears are filled, and the tractor sits like its loaded with rocks, especially with an implement on the rear, like a heavy landscape box.  Jake (Customsawyer) visited a few months ago, and I never mentioned anything special about the tractor until he started asking questions about how come it was picking up big stacks of lumber, and just walking away with them with unusual ease that would have stood most tractors on their nose.

Here's a video of me using the stump bucket, root ripper attachment and while is not as fast as a backhoe, its still a lot of fun and makes pretty quick work of trees.  It takes horsepower, traction and a lot of bucket curl power to rip through roots.  Then, pushing down the tree is the easy and fun part.
https://youtu.be/HcctqGDsKw4

I don't have any experience with the Powerstar 75, but I owned a TN70, an earlier version multipurpose New Holland, 70 hp 4wd, and it was a very reliable tractor.  After many years, I finally wore out the front wheel hubs.  I was curious as to how much load it had been carrying, and in that year alone, it had lifted and moved, about 1.14 million pounds of logs, lumber, slabs, pallets, whatever, by the best of our calculations.  That's when we decided to split the loads and bought the T4.95 for the log yard and farm work, and also bought the caterpillar forklift for the gravel and concrete lifts.  I looked hard at dedicated loaders, telehandlers, everything else I could think of, and I am still very happy with it.   
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

ozarkgem

Quote from: YellowHammer on November 14, 2016, 10:19:58 PM
The big wide rears are filled, and the tractor sits like its loaded with rocks, especially with an implement on the rear, like a heavy landscape box.  Jake (Customsawyer) visited a few months ago, and I never mentioned anything special about the tractor until he started asking questions about how come it was picking up big stacks of lumber, and just walking away with them with unusual ease that would have stood most tractors on their nose.

Here's a video of me using the stump bucket, root ripper attachment and while is not as fast as a backhoe, its still a lot of fun and makes pretty quick work of trees.  It takes horsepower, traction and a lot of bucket curl power to rip through roots.  Then, pushing down the tree is the easy and fun part.
https://youtu.be/HcctqGDsKw4

I don't have any experience with the Powerstar 75, but I owned a TN70, an earlier version multipurpose New Holland, 70 hp 4wd, and it was a very reliable tractor.  After many years, I finally wore out the front wheel hubs.  I was curious as to how much load it had been carrying, and in that year alone, it had lifted and moved, about 1.14 million pounds of logs, lumber, slabs, pallets, whatever, by the best of our calculations.  That's when we decided to split the loads and bought the T4.95 for the log yard and farm work, and also bought the caterpillar forklift for the gravel and concrete lifts.  I looked hard at dedicated loaders, telehandlers, everything else I could think of, and I am still very happy with it.
what kind of transmission do these have?
Mighty Mite Band Mill, Case Backhoe, 763 Bobcat, Ford 3400 w/FEL , 1962 Ford 4000, Int dump truck, Clark forklift, lots of trailers. Stihl 046 Magnum, 029 Stihl. complete machine shop to keep everything going.

ReinkeFandS

We have a Kubota M6040 and love it. A neighbor has a Deere 5055 and with the 4x4 and beet juice it is unstoppable in the woods. The New Holland we use for hay in the summer time has constant AC problems and the hitch broke. If you do go with the Blue brand make sure you talk to the dealer about getting the upgraded beefier rear hitch.
Cooks MP HD3238
Stihl MS 461, MS 261, Homelite SXL
Burnrite 228 OWB
2014 Kubota M6060
1942 Ford 2N

ReinkeFandS

Cooks MP HD3238
Stihl MS 461, MS 261, Homelite SXL
Burnrite 228 OWB
2014 Kubota M6060
1942 Ford 2N

Seavee

The deal is done! The New Holland  T4  75 hp is being delivered Friday.  I had the install the 3rd function valve and plug it for the grapple. I also had 4 wheel weights put on . It seems I have gotten way more bag for the buck with this rig. I'll let you know the results

fishpharmer

Congrats! Even if not green ;) ;D
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Peter Drouin

75 horse, nice, Don't forget the pics. :D :D :D 8) 8) 8)
A&P saw Mill LLC.

YellowHammer

Quote from: Seavee on November 15, 2016, 05:20:55 PM
The deal is done! The New Holland  T4  75 hp is being delivered Friday.  I had the install the 3rd function valve and plug it for the grapple. I also had 4 wheel weights put on . It seems I have gotten way more bag for the buck with this rig. I'll let you know the results

Congratulations, I'm very happy for you, you'll love it!   8). Pictures, pictures, pictures! 

Grapples are nice, and there is nothing better for many jobs, but they are heavy and decrease your loader capacity.  I also have a set of forks, and use them most of the time.  They're lighter weight, so gain effective loader capacity, and allow me to get logs off the trailer, carry them to the mill, carry big piles of slabs to the pit, and then move my pallets of lumber around with out having to change implements. 

Ozark,
My rig has 98 gross hp, 12 x 12 trans, wet clutch, and has a non electric (reliable) hydraulic reverser shuttle shift for the loader.  No clutching, just drive forward, pick up a pile, flick my fingers on the lever, and drive backward.  Just like a hydrostatic forklift.  It keeps me from getting "clutch leg" after long days of back and forth.  I'm also a big fan of the self leveling feature, it really enhances safety, and makes forking pallets a breeze.  I've run the front tires out as wide as they can be and still be covered by the loader bucket, which enhances stability, and I can't say enough about the wide tires and the extra traction they provide.  Watching me routinely move loads like this big pallet of slab maple up and down our road to the kiln what made Customsawyer do a double take.
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

ozarkgem

Quote from: YellowHammer on November 15, 2016, 11:41:12 PM
Quote from: Seavee on November 15, 2016, 05:20:55 PM

Congratulations, I'm very happy for you, you'll love it!   8). Pictures, pictures, pictures! 

Grapples are nice, and there is nothing better for many jobs, but they are heavy and decrease your loader capacity.  I also have a set of forks, and use them most of the time.  They're lighter weight, so gain effective loader capacity, and allow me to get logs off the trailer, carry them to the mill, carry big piles of slabs to the pit, and then move my pallets of lumber around with out having to change implements. 

Ozark,
My rig has 98 gross hp, 12 x 12 trans, wet clutch, and has a non electric (reliable) hydraulic reverser shuttle shift for the loader.  No clutching, just drive forward, pick up a pile, flick my fingers on the lever, and drive backward.  Just like a hydrostatic forklift.  It keeps me from getting "clutch leg" after long days of back and forth.  I'm also a big fan of the self leveling feature, it really enhances safety, and makes forking pallets a breeze.  I've run the front tires out as wide as they can be and still be covered by the loader bucket, which enhances stability, and I can't say enough about the wide tires and the extra traction they provide.  Watching me routinely move loads like this big pallet of slab maple up and down our road to the kiln what made Customsawyer do a double take.

So you have a torque converter setup kind of like a backhoe. Nice.

flyboy16101

has anyone tired the forklift that mounts on the 3pt hitch?
Wood-mizer Lt35, International 504 w/ loader, Hough HA Payloader, Stihl Ms290, Ms660, LogRite Cant Hook

Kbeitz

Quote from: flyboy16101 on November 16, 2016, 07:33:36 AM
has anyone tired the forklift that mounts on the 3pt hitch?

Just small time... But it surprised me on what it could do...

Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

Seavee

Yellowhammer I also have a set of pallet forks. I hope I can move at lest half of what you have there. That was the other deciding factor in getting the New Holland  was the skid steer quick attachment. I have a few things that mount that way. The John Deere would have had to been retro fitted with the QA. Deere likes their own special attachment.

Seavee

A quick delivery picture.  its a beast compared to the Case D45. 

Peter Drouin

That's a lot of tractor. 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Bruno of NH

Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Thank You Sponsors!