iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Accident waiting for a place to happen

Started by sawguy21, September 15, 2017, 10:07:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sawguy21

I watched a so called 'professional' felling crew behind the house today, landlord is having some 16" -20" dbh fir being cleared for a swimming pool (don't ask ::)). The trees were being dropped into the stand away from the house. The faller obviously was no rookie, made a nice open face cut followed by a level back cut, placed his wedges but then walked uphill into the fall zone :o The bucker walked up the other side of the tree before it came down. Neither were wearing ppe other than ear muffs not that it would have mattered if the tree caught something on the way. I wouldn't hire these clowns to split firewood, they scared the bejabbers out of me.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Chuck White

Nothing much worse than someone who thinks they know everything!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Grizzly

But.....but  but I thought I did know everything?!?!  :)

I have thought many times that a good opportunity waits for me and my boys in tree service but I want them to have more experience and knowledge. Apparently that's not necessary!
2011 - Logmaster LM-2 / Chinese wheel loader
Jonsered saws - 2149 - 111S - 90?
2000 Miners 3-31 Board Edger

Thank You Sponsors!