iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

C4d Plantary

Started by JustinW_NZ, November 11, 2016, 03:49:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JustinW_NZ

Hi all

some might remember I picked up a late model treefarmer cd4 a while ago.
I was asked if someone could have it for a display for a couple of days up the road and while I haven't given it the rebuild it should have it was working, so I thought sure.
Fired it up today, got it half a mile down the road and BANG something went and locked up the rear wheel on one side...
picture says it all...

so a dragged it home and found that side not happy, the other rear one looks like its been done recently?

anyway, can someone say what they are Rockwell pr52?
and where to get bits from?
(I'm in New Zealand too, so website email etc is good...)

I will try locally to find a spare axel or machine but might take time... - which I have currently anyway...

and does anyone have a manual for these?

Cheers
Justin
Gear I run;
Woodmizer LT40 Super, Treefarmer C4D, 10ton wheel loader.

HuZzEy

Nash equip will send a used planetary right to your door I have got 2 for our c4, harolds logging does have them also but more money and he has all the pins and gears in stock to rebuild pr52 but it was cheaper to get a whole used planetary but give them a call I'm sure they can get what you need. Is the wheel seal leaking don't look like there was much or any oil

bushmechanic

You had better check the oil levels in everything on that machine because it looks like it was dry according to heat that it saw. The same planetary is used on a Timberjack 208D. That is a newer style with the plate and spacers but the old style will work just fine there, like a Tree Farmer C4B or Timberjack 201B, 205,207 etc.

KGTC4D

$577 new from Harold's cover, pins and gears

KGTC4D

JustinW_NZ

Thanks for that guys.

and yes, that side was dry, I should have known it was the only one not leaking so it probably had no fluid!
the other side I pulled for reference had oil and seemed very good.
There was a lot of silicon sealant there so I suspect it was done recently.

Cheers
Justin
Gear I run;
Woodmizer LT40 Super, Treefarmer C4D, 10ton wheel loader.

Thank You Sponsors!