iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

MAI Insurance

Started by 4x4American, November 09, 2016, 08:55:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4x4American

I know that they used to be a sponsor, I don't know what happened to them, and I would like to know.  As I have called them multiple times, and sent emails, and haven't heard a word back.  I am supposed to be covered through them for at least until next April, and I paid, but am not getting any word back from them.  And I asked about getting even more coverage...did they go out of business?  Can anybody give me the lowdown please?

>:(
Boy, back in my day..

Peter Drouin

They think you're too much of a risk. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

4x4American

Whoever showed them my permanent record is gonna pay!!!   :snowball:

I just looked them up online and their website is not working either... ???
Boy, back in my day..

Chop Shop

Peter Drouin

So they took your money and  smiley_horserider. :D :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

dgdrls

Perhaps an email to Jeff?

I hope you didn't get jacked on your fee.

let us know,

Thanks
D

Jeff

They have not been a sponsor for a couple years I think.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

69bronco

They probably saw Kbs pics and decided to drop everyone on the forum..

Kbeitz

:D
Quote from: 69bronco on November 10, 2016, 06:46:09 PM
They probably saw Kbs pics and decided to drop everyone on the forum..

:D
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

4x4American

Thanks for nothin Kbeitz!  :D
Boy, back in my day..

Seavee

While MIA is out of business they were just an agent for the company that wrote the policy. They still write band mill insurance direct and pricing has not been affected.   I can get the info if anyone needs it.
Wood mizer lt50 47hp yanmar Diesel  Sthil MS311, Ms661 MS200T, 029 farm boss  and a New Holland T4  75hp.

Jeff

It would be helpful probably to post it here if you can.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

WV Sawmiller

My Nationwide agent got me liability insurance from one of the companies she brokers for. She found me an Inland Marine policy for the mill but I did not elect to buy it as I thought the cost was too high for the amount of coverage provided plus I can afford to self insure the cost of the mill/equipment but had to have the liability - the risk was too great there plus some clients require it.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

GDinMaine

Quote from: Seavee on November 11, 2016, 07:31:20 AM
While MIA is out of business they were just an agent for the company that wrote the policy. They still write band mill insurance direct and pricing has not been affected.   I can get the info if anyone needs it.

It would be helpful, if you were able to do that. I too have mill insurance through the former MAI agency.
It's the going that counts not the distance!

WM LT-40HD-D42

Seavee

The actual underwriter of the policy  is Stanley McDonald Agency of Illinois  phone number is 800 344 3948 speak with James Mcdonald.
Wood mizer lt50 47hp yanmar Diesel  Sthil MS311, Ms661 MS200T, 029 farm boss  and a New Holland T4  75hp.

RPowers

I think it is Jim MacDonald that I spoke with to get my new mill insured. I was not pleased with MAI croaking and not giving us a heads up, as I had to wait an extra half-week to pick up my new mill because they never responded to my requests for documentation so my bank would release funds.
2013 Woodmizer LT28G25 (sold 2016)
2015 Woodmizer LT50HDD47

Seavee

Yes Jim  is part of the agency

Thank You Sponsors!