iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Any Houston area mills to get a table slab?

Started by rjwpavo, November 07, 2016, 10:01:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rjwpavo

Howdy folks!
I don't know if this is the proper section of the forum to ask, so mods feel free to move as necessary.

I am looking to buy a wood slab for our dining room table. 4' X 8' X 2-3" thick. I believe the wife likes walnut, although we are open to look at different patterns/colors. Rough cut is OK and preferably dried and ready to build the table with.

I live south of Houston and I don't think there are many mills/distributors/sawyers down here.

Does anyone have any contacts to help me out? I'm OK driving north/east of Houston into the wooded areas of the state to find a mill or distributor/seller etc to purchase from.

Thanks in advance!!
Pav

tnaz

rjwpavo, Welcome to the Forestry Forum.  If you look up the page or scroll up you will see members map and that will show sawyers in your area.  I'm sure someone with more help will come by soon.

Terry

WDH

There is a hardwood sawmill in Huntsville and I believe that there is one in Cleveland.  You might try contacting them to see if they have something that you can use.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

rjwpavo

Texas Ranger

The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

WDH

That will put you in the Texas Ranger's wheelhouse. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

woodweasel

scsmith42

There is a fellow outside of Austin, TX that specializes in milling and drying large, thick slabs.  He produces a great product. 

Brandon Berdoll
Berdoll Sawmill
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

rjwpavo

Thanks for all the helpful tips!!!

They will definitely get me started in the right direction.

Also, a big Thank You to all the Veterans on here!!!

Thank You Sponsors!