iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

l53 question

Started by Joey Grimes, November 05, 2016, 10:18:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joey Grimes

I loaded aproxamatly 300 bf 8/4 cypress in kiln yesterday set dB 90 wb 86 last time I checked dB was at 89 and wb was at 86 but still no water in bucket the compressor dosent seem to be running ?
94 woodmizer lt40 HD kabota 5200 ford 4000 94 international 4700 flatbed and lots of woodworking tools.

Joey Grimes

I may have found the answer to my question the compressor will not come on until the wb is 2 degrees above my set point?
94 woodmizer lt40 HD kabota 5200 ford 4000 94 international 4700 flatbed and lots of woodworking tools.

GeneWengert-WoodDoc

Some units will not come on until the DB is at least 90 F. 

It is also true that the WB actual must be one or two,above the setting before the unit comes on and then it will run until the WB actual reaches the setting and then shuts off.  This is to prevent frequent turning off and on if the gap (called the dead band) is small.  Also, having the "turn on" point above the actual desired avoids the risk of having the RH lower than desired.  It was common in the past to avoid WB controls and instead run the compressor on a timer...like 6 minutes "on" every hour.
Gene - Author of articles in Sawmill & Woodlot and books: Drying Hardwood Lumber; VA Tech Solar Kiln; Sawing Edging & Trimming Hardwood Lumber. And more

WDH

Joey,

Yes.  You have to be above 75 degrees and then 2 degrees above any set point on the WB for the compressor to run.  When you get the 2 degree difference, there is a 5 minute delay for the compressor to come on.  If you wait and listen, you will hear the controller "click". 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Thank You Sponsors!