iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Dry kiln building finished

Started by Joey Grimes, November 04, 2016, 09:30:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joey Grimes

94 woodmizer lt40 HD kabota 5200 ford 4000 94 international 4700 flatbed and lots of woodworking tools.

YellowHammer

Now that looks NICE!   8)
Time to put a load of wood in, start making water!
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

scleigh

Joey, What are the dimensions of your kiln? Did you use a Nyle system? Would love to see more pictures, hoping to build one myself next year.

xlogger

looks real good, how did you do the hinges?
Timberking 2000, Turbo slabber Mill, 584 Case, Bobcat 773, solar kiln, Nyle L-53 DH kiln

Joey Grimes

Outside demension of the building 10'6"×14'6" it is a nyle l53 unit .The hinges is where I made a mistake but I made it work .A friend got a bunch of the solid core doors from a hospital remodel and he gave me a box of really heavy duty and I used 5 on each side. My mistake was I didn't allow for siding when I hung my doors so my pivot point was of by my siding thickness so I used a thinner piece of siding on the jam side of hinges to allow doors to open enough.
94 woodmizer lt40 HD kabota 5200 ford 4000 94 international 4700 flatbed and lots of woodworking tools.

Thank You Sponsors!