iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

nightmare realigning b20 blade tracking

Started by sandsawmill14, November 03, 2016, 09:12:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandsawmill14

this morning the mill wasnt running right would still cut fairly straight if i went slow enough but if i tried to speed up any it would just go crazy smiley_dizzy so i went to looking and quickly noticed the blade was was not tracking right so i figured it would be no trouble as i have had do it twice before :)
well the inside of the idler pulley was cocked towards the back of the mill almost 1/2 inch  :o i dont know why the blade wasnt just jumping off but it would still saw just not flat :-\ but anyway we adjusted and adjusted and adjusted and no matter what couldnt get any closer than 1/4" of where it needed to be so we checked all the bearings ,welds,even to see if something had twisted on the carrage ???  everything was good but it wouldnt adjust out even with the adjustment screw all the way in  ???  finally i took the adjustment screws out to check them and guess what  ??? one was broken off and about 3/8 of an inch shorter than the other 2 smiley_dunce 6 hours and $3 dollars later ::) its sawing like new again ;D 8) i could understand someome missing that if they were sorta new bandmills but i have been at it for 15 yrs all together some of that full time and some part time but before today i would have said there is not a mill built i couldnt align but now i guess that is still true but i would have to say theres not a mill built i cant align in a long enough time ::) :-\ :D

sometimes i think the longer i do it the less i know about it :D :D :D
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

killamplanes

There is good days and bad days. If this problem is your worst sounds to me you've got it made. 
jd440 skidder, western star w/grapple,tk B-20 hyd, electric, stihl660,and 2X661. and other support Equipment, pallet manufacturing line

sandsawmill14

yep its my biggest problem smiley_dunce stupidity in short spurts ::) but it seems like they get closer together every year :D :D :D
i have to say that the b20 has given me very little trouble once we did away with the cord reel it hasnt given any problems other than normal wear and tear :)

killamplanes

Ya my poor mill is used and abused, I run it atleast couple hours 6 days week and as I saw I think of the maintenance I should do. Week after week. But I fix when break. Which I can proudly say is seldom and minor. It's been a good one. Like a hammer to a carpenter. And treated that way :D
jd440 skidder, western star w/grapple,tk B-20 hyd, electric, stihl660,and 2X661. and other support Equipment, pallet manufacturing line

sandsawmill14

that describes me just about perfectly :D :D :D

ladylake

After over 12000 hours its amazing how many original parts are still on my  B20, it takes a lot of abuse and keeps going.  I replaced the allen head screws that adjust the tracking ahead and back with some grade 8 hex head bolts.  Some blades don't track quite the same and its a lot easier to use a 5/8 socket rather than a allen  wrench to adjust.   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Thank You Sponsors!