iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

NBNW bandsaw mill 2.0

Started by Picky2016, October 25, 2016, 06:28:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Picky2016

Again thanks to all for the help with the NBNW sawmill prototype. It has served me well and if I am to go further with a power bed and power lift, I needed something a little more rigid. So it's out with the parking signs and in with some 1/4" walled 2" hss steel. She will top the scales at roughly 400 lbs so no more teetering on the rails. Im going with tempered bushed wheels, so no more plastic wearing. And I am going to use a sleeved adjuster for belt tension and guide adjusters for height so I can tweek guide tension too. I posted pics on another thread but I'll try to keep them all here.

Pile 'o' steel

After a couple hours on power bandsaw

Nice rough drawing

Drilled all sleeves and welded all nuts tonight. Hopefully drill crosser tomorrow and get to shop Saturday to weld up carriage.

Ox

K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

Picky2016

Got her all tacked together today. I went thicker steel for rigidness. What I got is rigidness!

Slide assembly goes up n down with no ratcheting or binding. Rear slide is where motor will sit, forward slides are for blade guides.

Ox

1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

larrydown60

Looking good and a lot heavier duty good job

Picky2016

Off to shop to get her finished up. The first one has flexing issues so I decided this one was to be built a little heavier duty. She weighs in at 250 pounds and doesn't flex an iota. Maybe a little overkill but it solves the only two issues I had on 1.0

I'm documenting everything and made a detailed set of plans. Going to put a manual together if anyone is interested to build their own.

Ox

That's awesome, Picky.  I bet you'll sell some in a quick hurry.

Picky2016

Well gentlemen, after a shorter than usual winter, we are back at the sawmill. Spent a day in the shop Saturday and made the bed  rails, then an hour on the lathe to turn down some steel wheels as I was getting wear with the plastic ones. Fabbed up some new log holders and ordered engine. I'll put some pics up this weekend for y'all. I also acquired a cool worm gear winch in January. No more clicking up and down lever, just spin!

Thank You Sponsors!