iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A huge thanks to WDH

Started by scleigh, October 24, 2016, 08:36:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scleigh

I would like to than WDH, Danny Hamsley, for giving me the opportunity to visit him last week and pick his brain on sawing, drying and anything else related  to lumber. Danny is a very intelligent , knowledgeable and humble man who took the time to educate me and show me his operation.
The most impressive part of my visit was the hospitality and kindness that Danny and his wife showed, to someone that he had only spoken with via pm on the forestry forum. This is a true testament  Danny's character and the kind of people that are on this forum.
Thanks again Danny and Jeff for a place to learn and meet fellow Sawyer's.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I'm finally glad you changed Danny. You treated me like a GOAT when I was down there!  :D :D :D
Love ya Brother.  smiley_thumbsup
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

WV Sawmiller

Ditto on the Kudos to Danny. He has even been known to send fresh peanuts to strangers stranded further north where they were unavailable and even grits are hard to come by. We need more people in this world like Danny.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Magicman

Actually this visit sounds like scleigh was scammed.  Danny pays da Goat $300 to entertain folks so that he can saw Very Valuable Walnut without being interrupted.  Danny continues to rake in da big bucks, da Goat continues to rake in his $300, and no one is the wiser.   smiley_dizzy
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Brian C.

Not only does he know lumber, but he is a pretty fair bass player as well, and I understand he is working on becoming a lumber market man....

red

Danny knows his stuff .  He is also part of The Georgia Gang
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

jmouton

i heard  through the grapevine that  there is an opening for a lumber  marketing  supervisor in rentz, ga ,,,i think danny would be a perfect fit ,,,

jim
lt-40 wide ,,bobcat,sterling tandem flatbed log truck,10 ton trailer, stihl 075,041,029,066,and a 2017 f-350,oh and an edger

Nomad

Danny is truly "salt of the earth."  And POSTON, he treated you like a goat?  Well, if the shoe fits... ;D
     Okay; your turn.
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Magicman on October 24, 2016, 05:10:30 PM
Actually this visit sounds like scleigh was scammed.  Danny pays da Goat $300 to entertain folks so that he can saw Very Valuable Walnut without being interrupted.  Danny continues to rake in da big bucks, da Goat continues to rake in his $300, and no one is the wiser.   smiley_dizzy

Well, well, well.......it appears The Magicman has went and bought a Dick Tracey Starter Kit to figure all this out.
He might be on to something  ;D

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: nomad on October 24, 2016, 07:27:45 PM
     And POSTON, he treated you like a goat?  Well, if the shoe fits... ;D
     Okay; your turn.

Goats don't wear shoes.  ;D

Okay; your turn.

PC-Urban-Sawyer

Quote from: nomad on October 24, 2016, 07:27:45 PM
     Danny is truly "salt of the earth."  And POSTON, he treated you like a goat?  Well, if the shoe fits... ;D
     Okay; your turn.

Goat Shoes? I know horses frequently were shod but I don't recall ever hearing of a goat with shoes...

YellowHammer

Danny is a veritable cornucopia of knowledge! 
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

customsawyer

I think I've met him before but don't recall him being that nice to me. If I remember correctly I was called a certain name that I won't mention here
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

slider

Go ahead ,tell them.I dare you.
al glenn

WDH

Jake,

Like Nomad said, "If the shoe fits......"  :D.

Slider,

Like Nomad said, "If the shoe fits......".   :D

Chad (Scleigh),

I was a pleasure having you down.  When I come to see you, you better hide all that pretty walnut  ;D.  The kiln is aching for some walnut  :).

We put that load in on Monday last week and the load was finished Sunday afternoon.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Kbeitz

It only take around 7 days to dry wood ?
Collector and builder of many things.
Love machine shop work
and Wood work shop work
And now a saw mill work

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Kbeitz on October 25, 2016, 08:18:59 AM
It only take around 7 days to dry wood ?

If the shoe fits. 👞

LeeB

You put your goat shoes in there to dry? Now he'll have to post about it the other thread about worst smelling wood.  smiley_airfreshener
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Raider Bill

Put goat in a smoker not a kiln ;D
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

LeeB

Afraid that goat would be way to gamey.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

WmFritz

Quote from: LeeB on October 25, 2016, 11:25:39 AM
Afraid that goat would be way to gamey.

...and full of gristle.
~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

Raider Bill

The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Magicman

Nothing smells worse than a wet Goat.  :o
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

LeeB

Jeff

Everyone of you love that goat. You aint kidding anyone.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Thank You Sponsors!