iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Makita 16-5/16

Started by ScottInCabot, October 23, 2016, 04:42:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScottInCabot

Wondering if anyone has any experience with the Oshlun 32tooth blade?
Was thinking about trying to save $110+ over buying another Makita 32tooth, the one that came with my newly purchased, used saw.

Thoughts?

Scott in Cabot
Timber framing RULES!

ScottInCabot

No one? Really.....seems odd that everyone on this forum is using a handsaw and chisels.

Scott in Cabot
Timber framing RULES!

Knocker of rocks

Patience is a virtue not a vice, and snide remarks probably won't speed up any process

Roger Nair

Since I do not own that model saw, I cannot offer direct advice other than call a dealer that serves the timber framing community.  Be ready to describe your work and materials that you use.
An optimist believes this is the best of all possible worlds, the pessimist fears that the optimist is correct.--James Branch Cabell

Knocker of rocks

I sure hope that dealer picks up on the first ring too!

Jim_Rogers

Maybe no one has any experience with the blade you are asking about.

I own that saw, and have two blades for it. Neither are the type you are asking about.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

dukndog

I have used the Diablo 32T and 60T. I have no experience using the Oshlun blades.

Rich Miller
WM LT-15G25 w/PwrFeed, Mahindra 3510, Husky 385xp, Stihl MS261 and a wife who supports my hobby!!

Brian_Weekley

Quote from: ScottInCabot on October 24, 2016, 08:08:54 PM
Really.....seems odd that everyone on this forum is using a handsaw and chisels.

Sorry I can't help--I'm in the basket of handsaw and chisel deplorables.
e aho laula

ScottInCabot

Quote from: Knocker of rocks on October 24, 2016, 11:10:30 PM
I sure hope that dealer picks up on the first ring too!

Personal attacks much?

Quote from: Brian_Weekley on October 25, 2016, 10:31:01 AM
Quote from: ScottInCabot on October 24, 2016, 08:08:54 PM
Really.....seems odd that everyone on this forum is using a handsaw and chisels.

Sorry I can't help--I'm in the basket of handsaw and chisel deplorables.

Not deplorable(another word I never used here).....more like hardcore!
Been banging away with chisels for years.  The older ya get, the harder it is on the joints.  Of course, I'll still be banging away with my old chisel as the new/old saw won't cover all the joints....

Quote from: Jim_Rogers on October 25, 2016, 12:10:10 AM
Maybe no one has any experience with the blade you are asking about.

I own that saw, and have two blades for it. Neither are the type you are asking about.

Jim Rogers

Is there any reason you didn't choose the blade in question over the blade(s) you do have?

There were 90+ views, topic had rolled down the 'list', and I started to wonder if my deodorant had stopped working.  Then the first response is a 'personal attack'(super nice by the way)....
Next response is sort of vague, but at least it can be expanded on....I'll gladly take that phone number/contact information?
Then attacked again!  Sweet, but it's by the same individual....so maybe she is having a bad day?

Just looking for thoughts....not attacks.

Scott in Cabot
Timber framing RULES!

ScottInCabot

Quote from: dukndog on October 25, 2016, 07:07:56 AM
I have used the Diablo 32T and 60T. I have no experience using the Oshlun blades.

Rich Miller

I did not see a Diablo offering, any chance you would share the source?

Thanks!!!

Scott in Cabot
Timber framing RULES!

Jeff

I don't see any personal attack, just an observation. I thought the same thing when you jumped back in because nobody had answered you within a time frame you expected them to.  I've seen only maybe 3 or 4 posts like that in 15 years here, so yea answer on the first ring, I thought it was a a friendly poke at your impatience and in no way an attack. Plus it was dang funny. I would suggest untwist your what ever you have twisted up, relax, chill, and accept help as it is offered.

By the way, hate your avatar.  ;D
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Jim_Rogers

I have the saw blade that came with the saw. It is a carbide tooth saw. I don't know the maker or the tooth count.
Years ago, I took it off to be sharpened by a local saw sharpening service. While off, I felt I needed another blade. So I went to Amazon tool crib and bought one for $99. I thought I was getting another carbide tooth blade. It was not.
I don't remember the brand name or the tooth count for the blade. It, I believe, is still on the saw, as I don't use it that much.
And the sharpened blade is still in the package it came back from the sharpener in.
That's the whole story.
Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

dukndog

Freud D1660X Diablo Beam Saw Blade 16-5/16-Inch by 60t ATB 1-Inch Arbor
Freud D1632X Diablo 16-5/16-Inch 32 Tooth ATB General Purpose Beam Cutting Saw Blade with 1-Inch Arbor
Both on the Amzn site.

Quote from: Jeff on October 25, 2016, 09:50:01 PM
Lost my son to suicide. I agree with Jeff!!

Rich Miller
WM LT-15G25 w/PwrFeed, Mahindra 3510, Husky 385xp, Stihl MS261 and a wife who supports my hobby!!

Knocker of rocks

Quote from: Jeff on October 25, 2016, 09:50:01 PM
I don't see any personal attack, just an observation. I thought the same thing when you jumped back in because nobody had answered you within a time frame you expected them to.  I've seen only maybe 3 or 4 posts like that in 15 years here, so yea answer on the first ring, I thought it was a a friendly poke at your impatience and in no way an attack. Plus it was dang funny. I would suggest untwist your what ever you have twisted up, relax, chill, and accept help as it is offered.

Yea dat.

Dat's why you're moderator numero uno

chet

The Avatar in question has been removed as it really has no place here.
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Jeff

That aint all that was removed  BAHAHHAAHHAHHHAAHH!

AlaskaLes

Dangit Jeff...Just spit out my coffee...Now I need a new Laptop!
:D
You can see Mt McKinley from our backyard...Up Close!!

Mighty Mite MK 4B, full-hyd, diesel bandmill
Kubota 4wd 3650GST w/FEL; Forks;
3pt Log Arm& Log trailer
Husky 394XP
Husky 371XP
Husky 353
Echo 330T
Nyle 200M
Robar RC-50 50BMG-just in case the trees get out of line

Jeff

Just so those of you that may be wondering know, there was more going on on this (tom) than you could see in this topic. It takes some inculpatory circumstance to get tossed from the Forestry Forum, and in this case, those circumstances were met.

Dakota

Thanks for the explanation, I was wondering about that.
Dave Rinker

Jeff

This guy is a head case. He has sought me out on youtube to make nasty comments now. I had to ban him there. I sent him a message telling him he better knock it off or else. I will protect this forum, its members, my family, myself, and my business and will use all resources available to do it.  This guy is real close to getting some legal contact now. I think he thinks I am kidding. I don't kid around.

chet

I guess he never realized yur not da one dat banned him here.   Hopefully ya heard da last from him.
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Knocker of rocks

Thank You Sponsors!