iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Pictures that are already on the forum server?

Started by WoodSmith, November 19, 2004, 11:31:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WoodSmith

Is it possible to put a jpg into your post that is already on the forum server. For instance I wanted to reference in my post a picture that was in a previous post. I tried to copy the path from the pic. properties but it didn't work. I'm obviously missing a step ???

Ianab

HI Woodsmith

Easiest way to do that is to look up your picture in the gallery. Once you find it, it will have the [Add image to post] button the same as when you originally uploaded the image. Click on that and go back to to your post and [Insert image Code] like normal. You might get 2 copies of the image, just delete one from the post if that happens. (This isn't a Bug, it's an just undocumented feature  ;) )
The other hint is to use the same prefix for all your pics. If you know all your own pics are 'ws-?????.jpg' they are easier to find and use in future posts.

Cheers

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

SwampDonkey

Actually, clicking on the [Add image to post] adds the code automatically in IE 6.x. Copy and paste just adds another line of code unneccessarily. In Firefox/Mozilla 0.9.x you have to copy and paste into the post.At least that was my first experience with IE in the forum. I use Firefox now, since version 0.8.x.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Bibbyman

Woodsmith,   I do like you tried to do.   I right click on the picture and select Properties and copy the file path.

But...  You need to put the YABBC code in front of and back of the file path.  Note when you cut and paste a picture in the regular way there is a set of some other code.  It starts with a square brackets [ and has "img" in side it then closed with another ].    At the end is the same thing except there is a "/img" inside.

Here is what it looks like with curly brackets -

{img}the file path to your picture{/img}.

If you note in your "Post Reply" screen there is two rows of "Add YABBC tags".   In the second row is a one that has a picture in a frame.  Put you cursor where you want to insert your picture and click on that picture icon.   All the YABBC code you'll need will be inserted with "URL" between.  Click on that "URL" text and highlight it and then paste in over it your file path link.

Not as hard as it sounds.

Just cut your file path,
Place your cursor in your post where you want your picture,
Poke the picture icon,
Click on the "URL" to highlight it,
Then paste in your file path.

Dadt's it!

BTW,  It's the "Insert Hyperlink" works the same why except you would paste in another web site address.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Thank You Sponsors!